March 28, 2024, 01:56:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

NHRA T/F HD, how do you qualify in general to race? (Heartland Park Topeka)

Started by Shooter1, February 20, 2017, 05:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooter1

NHRA is bringing the T/F H-D's to Heartland Park Topeka and I'm pretty jazzed about it. My question is does a racer have to qualify at say regional events from maybe the previous race year to be able to compete at the current year events? I think that some of the sportsman classes of cars operate this way but not sure.   I would suspect, (since this is NHRA), there must be some sort of qualifying involved to demonstrate a racer/team has the finances, speed and anything else needed to positively contribute to the "Fan Experience" at the event.

I know back in the day we used to race sportsman at KCIR and at the T&O drags in Wichita and then Ark City. Anyone could show up and race those events in any class they wanted to take a swing at. I'm certain that racing T/F at the NHRA level takes a serious commitment in finances so maybe that answers my question right there.

Will the bracket be a 16 bike field and I wonder if they will fill it? Maybe with this race being in Topeka, the middle of the country it would be easier for racers from the far east and west to get here. I hope they have a big turnout.

1FSTRK

They had 10 bikes run in qualifying at Pomona, they ran the top 8 in eliminations.
Given the location and extra time to get ready you may see a 16 bike field.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

prodrag1320

would be nice to see a 16 bike field in just about any HD class anymore

prodrag1320

Quote from: Shooter1 on February 20, 2017, 05:39:30 AM
NHRA is bringing the T/F H-D's to Heartland Park Topeka and I'm pretty jazzed about it. My question is does a racer have to qualify at say regional events from maybe the previous race year to be able to compete at the current year events? I think that some of the sportsman classes of cars operate this way but not sure.   I would suspect, (since this is NHRA), there must be some sort of qualifying involved to demonstrate a racer/team has the finances, speed and anything else needed to positively contribute to the "Fan Experience" at the event.

I know back in the day we used to race sportsman at KCIR and at the T&O drags in Wichita and then Ark City. Anyone could show up and race those events in any class they wanted to take a swing at. I'm certain that racing T/F at the NHRA level takes a serious commitment in finances so maybe that answers my question right there.

Will the bracket be a 16 bike field and I wonder if they will fill it? Maybe with this race being in Topeka, the middle of the country it would be easier for racers from the far east and west to get here. I hope they have a big turnout.

as long as you have a NHRA license,you can run.3 rounds of qualifying and a 8 bike field.1 races 8,2 races 7,3 races 6 and so on (defanatly want to qualify 4th or better)