March 28, 2024, 06:23:07 AM

News:

Site Update

Started by Coyote, November 20, 2018, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyote

This morning I completed updating HTT. The old site was having some issues that were not fixable so I created a fresh install for us and copied the database over. The database backup I used was taken last night so any posts made since then will be missing.

The new site should be error free and easier for me to keep maintained.

The Media Gallery is gone as it was no longer being supported. There is a new and easy way to add pictures now when making posts. The site will now accept large pictures and it will resize them for you. There is also an inline option next to any pictures you are uploading and that allows you to insert the picture inside your post.

Make sure and update your bookmark for the site. The new URL is   http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php

Let us know if you have any questions.

Coyote

I'm seeing lots of login errors due to forgotten passwords in the site logs.

If you are a member that can not login after the site updates, you need to do the following, in order, below.

1. Use the I forgot password function from the login screen. The site will email you a link to reset your password. Do not contact us.

2. IF you no longer have access to the email you used when you registered, you may email us at help@harleytechtalk.com.
The site mail server will respond with a verification email that contains a link that you must click on. If you do not click on the link, we will never receive your email. Make sure to include your HTT screen name and the email you used when registering. We will update your email address and you can do "1" above.

Do not register for a new account. Having more than one account is against site rules and may result in both accounts being locked.