April 23, 2024, 02:35:52 AM

News:

Inner Cam Bearing Installer

Started by Hilly13, December 30, 2018, 12:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilly13

G'day,  could someone tell me the part number for the George's Garage M8 Inner Cam Bearing Install Plate please, just need the plate number not the kit, cheers.
Just because its said don't make it so

Scotty

Last I heard which was about 12 months ago is that you need to contact him to get the plate $68.95 or the full kit $98.95 as they are not listed on-site for some reason and still aren't.

Send him an email as he replies fairly quickly sales@georges-garage.com

Hilly13

Adam76

Thanks for posting guys.
Did anyone have success buying the kit from George's Garage?
What did it cost landed in Aus?
Cheers

Scotty

Quote from: Adam76 on January 09, 2019, 05:30:53 PM

Based on the price above for the full kit + postage to OZ when you convert it all to OZ dollars it will be about $200AU
A lot of money if you are only going to use it once but if you plan on using it a few times well worth the $$$$$

Hilly13

Quote from: Scotty on January 09, 2019, 09:13:59 PM
Quote from: Adam76 on January 09, 2019, 05:30:53 PM

Based on the price above for the full kit + postage to OZ when you convert it all to OZ dollars it will be about $200AU
A lot of money if you are only going to use it once but if you plan on using it a few times well worth the $$$$$

What I got back when I asked.
The installer plate for the M-8 is part number 820655, landed here on its own not in original box will be about 156 Aussie at current rates.

Scotty

Quote from: Hilly13 on January 09, 2019, 11:11:55 PM
The installer plate for the M-8 is part number 820655, landed here on its own not in original box will be about 156 Aussie at current rates.

Yes I just tapped the only one I have done in with the b168 head from the 07 up kit, wasn't hard and bike runs perfectly.
Only know one guy with one LOL

Hilly13

Quote from: Scotty on January 10, 2019, 01:28:15 AM
Quote from: Hilly13 on January 09, 2019, 11:11:55 PM

Yes I just tapped the only one I have done in with the b168 head from the 07 up kit, wasn't hard and bike runs perfectly.
Only know one guy with one LOL
Think I will do the same untill M8's become the norm, or I buy one  :teeth:

HD/Wrench

Funny as the Service manual states to take measurement of OEM bearing and then re set to that depth   not flush but really I see no reason why it matters flush or slightly in . That tool is going to set it flush by the looks of it

Prostock

I run the tool.  Just bought the plate and use the TC 07 later adaptors which recesses the bearing slightly.  Zero issues, works great.

Scotty

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on January 15, 2019, 12:55:05 PM
Funny as the Service manual states to take measurement of OEM bearing and then re set to that depth   not flush but really I see no reason why it matters flush or slightly in . That tool is going to set it flush by the looks of it

I read that in the manual before I started and it said should be in the same position +/- .020
I eyeballed it, pulled the old one out put the new one in and to be honest it looked like it was in exactly the same position.
I think HD just making sure bearing is pressed in properly but I think they make it sound harder then what the reality is.