Mild 107 build: exhaust advice please...

Started by Maddo Snr, January 24, 2019, 02:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddo Snr

I bought a new SG this week and I'm going to leave it stock internally.

I was given a SE stage 1 air filter conversion and a TTS mastertune module.

I'm after pipe advice for this mild combo. I want dual mufflers and can get a good deal on 4.5" Rineharts. They're too noisy for me on a catless header. I noticed Rinehart make quiet baffles (maybe not for M8s)

After some recommendations for this intake/module combo on a stock 107.

Cheers, Pete.
2018 FLHX 107
Rinehart 45s, SE cleaner, TTS MasterTune. 92/108

Sunny Jim

Fullsac do a conversion for your standard mufflers. Cost effective.
Also the street canons Work nicely.

rigidthumper

:agree:  IMO, those options work very well, and with a Fullsac headpipe, do not create a low end dip that so many open mufflers do. The 1.75 baffles are as quiet as stock,  SC are slight louder and deeper than stock, the 2" sound volume may be a tic louder, but not any deeper.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Helmwurst

January 24, 2019, 05:55:38 AM #3 Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 06:15:24 AM by rigidthumper
Quote from: Maddo Snr on January 24, 2019, 02:31:42 AM
I bought a new SG this week and I'm going to leave it stock internally.

I was given a SE stage 1 air filter conversion and a TTS mastertune module.

I'm after pipe advice for this mild combo. I want dual mufflers and can get a good deal on 4.5" Rineharts. They're too noisy for me on a catless header. I noticed Rinehart make quiet baffles (maybe not for M8s)

After some recommendations for this intake/module combo on a stock 107.
Cheers, Pete.
I have the FULLSAC and the S&S MK45's. They are deep and pretty mellow until you snap the throttle. Next step for me is to add new cam and a good dyno tune and that should do it. Sometimes you can find someone unloading used 45's or other big tubes on different sites like ebay, etc. One other note ;they fit nicely in the stock fender/bag cavity.