April 19, 2024, 12:00:42 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S mini teardrop aircleaner

Started by Hardcase61, January 24, 2019, 10:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardcase61

I have 2018 heritage 114 with stage 3 (now 117) D&D exhaust,SE tuner plus  SE auto tuner, the bike came with the SE ventilator.

I am considering changing the  SE ventilator to the S&S mini tear drop aircleaner.

https://www.denniskirk.com/s-and-s-cycle/black-mini-teardrop-stealth-air-cleaner-kit-170-0436a.p1800034.prd/1800034.sku

Has anyone had any experience with this air cleaner?

Would i loose performance doing this?

I may change to an aftermarket cam in the future
(Redshift 468 or S&S 475c)

DTTJGlide

I don't have any knowledge on the S&S A/C, but HD just came out with an extreme filter & replacement cover for the ventilator A/C, the filter is $94.95 & the cover that's needed to install it is $169.95. You should be able to get them from a discount dealer for about $215 or so, over priced but still cheaper than a new A/C. Look on the MOCO site under new arrivals SE parts on the second page.

Hardcase61

Thanks main reason i wanted to change is i think it would look good on a heritage, but i will check this new one out too.

metaliser

I have this one and no performance loss as I can see.

DTTJGlide

Quote from: Hardcase61 on January 25, 2019, 08:39:59 PM
Thanks main reason i wanted to change is i think it would look good on a heritage, but i will check this new one out too.
I agree with that, seems like most everything is retro except that A/C & a few other things. It would sure fit with the theme of the bike & S&S is known for good high quality parts.

Hardcase61

Thanks for the replies guys, I think i am gonna try it but am not in a big hurry might see if i can catch it on sale 😎