March 28, 2024, 04:18:54 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Compensator spacer?

Started by BigT, January 27, 2019, 01:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigT

I'm in the process of reinstalling the stock compensator on my 2017 Street Glide and I seem to be missing a spacer that is shown in the parts book  exploded view. The attached picture has a arrow pointing to the part. Can anyone tell me if this part was eliminated and a possible error in the book. I can't buy the part separately and I'm not sure what would happen leaving it out.   [attach=0]

remington007

That is a o-ring that is inside of part 17

BigT

mike jesse

While we are on this subject, has there been any issues with the comp. like we had with the late T/C?

No Cents

January 28, 2019, 07:24:46 AM #4 Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 07:28:48 AM by No Cents
Quote from: mike jesse on January 27, 2019, 02:11:24 PM
While we are on this subject, has there been any issues with the comp. like we had with the late T/C?

right now with the primary being flooded with tranny fluid the comp should be very happy and well lubed.  :wink:
Time will tell how well the comp does once it has the proper fluid level in the primary.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

rbabos

Quote from: No Cents on January 28, 2019, 07:24:46 AM

right now with the primary being flooded with tranny fluid the comp should be very happy and well lubed.  :wink:
Time will tell how well the comp does once it has the proper fluid level in the primary.
Now, that's funny.
Ron

Txwezl

I've seen a few reports of them breaking into pieces.