April 24, 2024, 12:15:16 AM

News:

Porker pipes

Started by a_disalvo, August 11, 2018, 05:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a_disalvo

Have a set of White Brotheers Porker pipes, 2-1/4" OD that are wearing out.(cracks & scratches) They got bought out by Vance & Hines. Contacted them, no longer made. Any suggestions of anything cllose to these drag pipes? Thanks, Frank

Hossamania

Vance and Hines Longshots?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

rigidthumper

Might call RB Racing, see if they will make a set of Nitro Duals for your shovel.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Hossamania

Quote from: Hossamania on August 11, 2018, 06:40:51 AM
Vance and Hines Longshots?

I forgot I was in the Shovel section, I doubt they make anything for that.

Hossamania

Do you have a picture or description of what you're looking for? Traditional drag style, or straight cut long pipe?

a_disalvo

Page 8, 12 down, show them shovels thread. They are straight cut drags, but 2-1/4". a_disalvo

Burnout

Fat drag pipes are worse than regular drag pipes when it comes to performance.

A proper exhaust can behave like a super charger.

Look at a V&H Pro Pipe or a Bassani 2:1 or a Thunder header, or a Super Trapp 2:1.

Because its a Shovel you will have to make your own.
The last one I did I started with a factory 2:1 pipe that had the big sausage muffler,
I threw away the heavy muffler and cut up an EVO 2:1 megaphone and merge that i got at the swap meet for $10.
I used the Harley 2:1 head pipes because it has a long pipe for the rear cylinder, this has a big benefit for low RPM torque.
Do this and you will find power you never realized your motor had, it will run smoother and start easier.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

Hillside Motorcycle

Porker Pipes, Big Guns, Long Guns, Fat Shots, etc, etc, etc, all are power-killers.
Those would be of better use installed under your bathroom sink.
Big on noise, short on power.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

JW113

With Cycle Shack down the crapper, the selection for shovelhead exhaust has gotten might thin. Maybe check out Paughco, they still have some reasonable offerings. As long as you don't live in California...

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

Wiseguy

I got some nice 40" drags for my three bolt flange Ultima Shovel heads a couple months ago. I had to slot the front pipe holes a little to get it clocked right, and used vise grips to bend the rear pipe at the flange end to square it with the opening. Those were actually minor tweaks. They look and sound great to me.
  Al, from S&S tech some years ago told me to drill a hole 1" from the end of each pipe and mount a 1/4" bolt there. It reduces the torque and power dip that occurs from about 2600 to 3200 rpm. They were doing dyno runs, and he held a screwdriver flat against the pipe end, and gained a few foot-pounds of torque and three ponies in midrange. I did my Paughco drags as stated.

Wiseguy

Once you know the facts, the answer will stand proud.

tmwmoose

IF ya gota have them Midwest has there "Growl" line of pipes

Hillside Motorcycle

2 identical bikes, 1 with jamma-mamma 2 1/4" monster noise makers, the other with an OE head pipe, S/E slip-on mufflers.............gps will be needed for #1.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

76shuvlinoff

Many many moons before I went to a Thunderheader I did the bolt thing on my long straight pipes.  I don't really know if I had any huge gains in performance but it got rid of the carb reversion that was messing with the tune, not to mention messing with my irritated passenger's leg....or was it her irritated leg?
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Hillside Motorcycle

1/4" bolt, with 5/16" nuts(1/2" obstruction) in a 1 3/4" open pipe.....seen as much as 14 ft/lbs of low-end torque increase on a 74" Iron XL, before.
Even my brother Craig's (RIP) Lieneweber L6/S&S G-equipped 103" Shovel responded to the stacked bolts with an 1 3/4" pipe.
Testing years ago showed that a 2" pipe killed the entire power curve.