March 28, 2024, 04:00:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Oil Lines - 1991 FXRS

Started by fdrdr1, September 19, 2019, 06:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fdrdr1

Time to replace the oil lines on a 1991 FXRS - having issues with sumping so I will also replace the check/ball valve in the oil pump at the same time - what suggestions for oil line replacements as I am pretty confident I will not locate any OEM oil lines - would like to stay with rubber but do I just forget the factory bend and just route the rubber line as best as I can? Thanks

tdrglide

Use lines/hose rated for transmission or oil coolers. Cut to the right length they can be bent/formed to be pretty close to factory hoses with a few tye wraps holding them together and in place. I made some for my 92 fxr about 5 or 6 years ago. Look almost factory.
Do not use hose made for water or fuel lines.

Thermodyne

Derale 13016 hose works great.  You can get it on Amazon.

Be sure to use smooth clamps.  Crimp style of FI hose clamps with the rolled edge.  Worm drive clamps just ruin the hose.

For the Derale 3/8th hose, you'll need clamps for 7/16th hose, the Derale hose is thicker than the stuff you see at the autoparts store.

Deye76

Quote from: Thermodyne on September 20, 2019, 08:48:28 AM
Derale 13016 hose works great.  You can get it on Amazon.

Be sure to use smooth clamps.  Crimp style of FI hose clamps with the rolled edge.  Worm drive clamps just ruin the hose.

For the Derale 3/8th hose, you'll need clamps for 7/16th hose, the Derale hose is thicker than the stuff you see at the autoparts store.

Good info, thanks.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP