April 19, 2024, 07:45:00 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New Bassani for High power Dyna and FXR

Started by Good_Apollo, November 06, 2017, 08:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Good_Apollo

I have been in contact back and forth about this pipe with Bassani for some time. They haven't released any media about it yet, but I was able to pre-order based on the drag number for the dyna model 1800-2229

I'll be putting it on my Don built 120r fat bob, replacing a RB racing pipe that has no low end.

Will post more pics once it is all mounted up.

Also looks like somebody is selling it on ebay already as well, just search for the drag number above.

drag
description
vendor_part_number
1800-2229     
EXHAUST 2:1 SS HI-HP FXD
1D3SS

1800-2230     
EXHAUST 2:1 SS HI-HP FXR
1FXR2SS

turboprop

I would be interested to see a dyno comparison between the two pipes.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

TheDog

N-gin

I know a few guys in Michigan running them on there 110s and 103. Some on the east coast as well.  They like them.
Also the sound if fantastic. More boomy then the Boarzilla I have.
Couple of broken brackets though, however Bassanni took care of them no questions asked.

I'd like to know the head pipe diameter.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

Good_Apollo

Quote from: N-gin on November 06, 2017, 09:26:16 AM
I know a few guys in Michigan running them on there 110s and 103. Some on the east coast as well.  They like them.
Also the sound if fantastic. More boomy then the Boarzilla I have.
Couple of broken brackets though, however Bassanni took care of them no questions asked.

I'd like to know the head pipe diameter.

I'll verify when I unwrap it, but what they told me in email was 3-step 1-3/4" just at the port, then steps to 1-7/8 then to 2"

Not the same as the normal Road Rage 3 that is a two step pipe.

Good_Apollo

Quote from: turboprop on November 06, 2017, 08:39:31 AM

Guessing I'll lose a chunk of HP and pick up torque quite a bit earlier than 3200ish rpm, I'm running a custom made LSR that is 2" all the way to the ports, not stepped anywhere.

1FSTRK

Quote from: Good_Apollo on November 06, 2017, 09:43:11 AM

Guessing I'll lose a chunk of HP and pick up torque quite a bit earlier than 3200ish rpm, I'm running a custom made LSR that is 2" all the way to the ports, not stepped anywhere.

Sound good , what are the rest of the build specs and will you be able to run back to back dyno runs and share them with us?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Good_Apollo

120r 10.9:1 - .010 over HD pistons. Tman 590 - Heads cleaned up by Don, no port work, just a cleanup and valve job and some softer springs, Darkhorse bottom with timken, HPI 58mm and Overflow AC

I won't be able to do back-to-back and will likely just use the TargetTune for a few weeks until I can get back to the tuner. At that point I plan on ditching the target tune all together and having them dial it in with just the powervision. I only have SAE sheet from the first run with the RB pipe, I'll look for it. Made really big HP and good TQ as well, but it was all top end.

Nastytls

1800-2229 doesn't pop up in the Drag catalog...

I'm not happy with the B-1 results, I think it holding back my top end hp.

calgary56

Engine is 2016 S&S 111"
Bore: 4.125" X Stroke: 4.125"
Compression: 9.8:1
S&S 585 cams
HPI-58D1-18 Delphi 58mm Throttle Body
HPI-DINJ-2 Injectors; 5.3 grams per second, Provides a fuel delivery rate of 4.3gps (33.3lbs/h)
Open Intake - K&N Round Filter
HP - 127   //   TQ - 124 Bassani B1 <-- current exhaust
HP - 119   //   TQ - 119 Bassani Road Rage <--- blew the baffle out of it
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

FLDavetrain

Quote from: Nastytls on November 06, 2017, 11:57:57 AM

Agree. B1 seems to shine in the mid range. And although my 2" RB hasn't been tuned fully yet I can tell it won't run out of steam
currently 510ci on tap

Good_Apollo

I got the numbers directly from Bassani a month or so ago and then had my buddy who is a drag dealer place a pre-order. I haven't seen it advertised yet but it showed up at my door

Nastytls

calif phil

They are in stock at Drag now. 

Nastytls

It's on their website now. Looks like it steps up to 2" where the B1 only steps to 1 7/8. I wonder if that really improves things over the B1? It still starts out at 1 3/4, where bagger pipes like the boarzilla start at 1 7/8.

gordonr

Quote from: Good_Apollo on November 06, 2017, 09:43:11 AM

I don't think so. You should pick it up all the way through. 2" primary's are way to big for almost anything.
"If was easy everyone would do it"

harleytuner

I'm doing a,124 build in a FXR right now, it's   between this pipe and a Sawicki.  I'm pushing him to go this one.

Nastytls

Quote from: harleytuner on December 01, 2017, 06:59:27 PM
I'm doing a,124 build in a FXR right now, it's   between this pipe and a Sawicki.  I'm pushing him to go this one.

Being someone that does this for a living, why the this Bassani over the Sawicki or even a Boarzilla? The Sawicki steps up from 1 7/8 - 2'' - 2.5'' where as the Bassani starts at 1 3/4 and maxes out at 2''.

Just trying to understand.

turboprop

The wait for a Sawicki pipe can be lengthy. Have a close friend that paid in full two years ago, still hasn't received his pipe. Every couple of month he will enquire and Tyler will tell him one more month. Tyler burned me as well, but as bad. Within the FXR community, Tyler does not have a good rep. The fact that bigger name builders are able to get his pipes for their show bikes is telling. It appears not all pigs are equal with Tyler.

The Bassani pipe was developed with my friend's (David B) TC124 equipped FXR. He said there were at least ten prototypes made with different specs. The final design should work very well on most 124" engines.

FWIW, Darryl Bassani is currently building a FXR/124" for himself.

harleytuner

Quote from: Nastytls on December 02, 2017, 09:26:23 AM

Being someone that does this for a living, why the this Bassani over the Sawicki or even a Boarzilla? The Sawicki steps up from 1 7/8 - 2'' - 2.5'' where as the Bassani starts at 1 3/4 and maxes out at 2''.

Those are the 2 pipes the customer is interested in.  And as turbo alluded to, it's not worth the BS to get a Sawicki.  I do have a,distributor that shows,black in stock but he wants Stainless

harleytuner

Quote from: turboprop on December 02, 2017, 10:40:08 AM

The wait for a Sawicki pipe can be lengthy. Have a close friend that paid in full two years ago, still hasn't received his pipe. Every couple of month he will enquire and Tyler will tell him one more month. Tyler burned me as well, but as bad. Within the FXR community, Tyler does not have a good rep. The fact that bigger name builders are able to get his pipes for their show bikes is telling. It appears not all pigs are equal with Tyler.

The Bassani pipe was developed with my friend's (David B) TC124 equipped FXR. He said there were at least ten prototypes made with different specs. The final design should work very well on most 124" engines.

Ive never used the Basanni in an FXR but if like to,  I heard a lot of work went into it.

turboprop

Quote from: Nastytls on December 02, 2017, 09:26:23 AM

The Boarzilla pipe is not available for the FXR.

RXBOB

SPF do FXR pipes, cant go wrong with SPF

Barrett

Do any Harley exhaust systems show flow numbers for their products to see how they compare?

HD/Wrench

Quote from: turboprop on December 02, 2017, 10:40:08 AM

well there are people that build other pipes .. Even right here in little ole TX   :wink: You know who I am talking about