April 24, 2024, 08:43:36 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New Bassani for High power Dyna and FXR

Started by Good_Apollo, November 06, 2017, 08:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXDBI

This is a picture of a turbo set up done by Unobtainium welding up here in Alberta. They are doing this for Calgary Harley Davidson for the bike show.  Bob

1FSTRK

You have to love show bikes. The guy will probably claim he rides that 6-7000 miles a year but unless his leg looks like a well done roast I would not believe him.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

HD/Wrench

that pipe does look like it would radiate some heat onto your inner leg.. 

harleytuner

The Basanni III showed up today.  Looks nice

N-gin

short pipes never work well, at least IMO. Sawiki, TBR, all dip heavy. Ill stick with my Borezilla. I would definatly like to see the results of the Bassanni III
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

harleytuner

Quote from: N-gin on December 14, 2017, 01:18:37 AM
short pipes never work well, at least IMO. Sawiki, TBR, all dip heavy. Ill stick with my Borezilla. I would definatly like to see the results of the Bassanni III

It'll be awhile to get the dyno results for me. The frame is off to the powder coasters, waiting on a,few more parts to show up. Amd there's still parts,decisions that haven't been made.  I have the crate 124 in, Baker 6 speed, pipe, clutch is coming,  front end is on its way but not sure when it'll get here.  Still need to decide on what chain drive to use.   It'll be awhile yet.   Otta not a top priority job neither.  I have a lot of builds going and work on this as I feel like it.  I'm posting pics, on Instagram

N-gin

Quote from: harleytuner on December 14, 2017, 04:19:41 AM
Quote from: N-gin on December 14, 2017, 01:18:37 AM

It'll be awhile to get the dyno results for me. The frame is off to the powder coasters, waiting on a,few more parts to show up. Amd there's still parts,decisions that haven't been made.  I have the crate 124 in, Baker 6 speed, pipe, clutch is coming,  front end is on its way but not sure when it'll get here.  Still need to decide on what chain drive to use.   It'll be awhile yet.   Otta not a top priority job neither.  I have a lot of builds going and work on this as I feel like it.  I'm posting pics, on Instagram

I have a chain drive. went with PBI spockets and a Vulcan works spacer. My chain is the Black and Gold 3D.

I do have extra set off my 09 Dyna, trans sprocket .5in 24T, and a rear 54T steel, I have the Vulcan spacer too. its all collecting dust on the shelf looking for a good home. Only put 3500 miles on it till I decided to go to a touring cush drive, and chain conversion.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

motolocopat

Any updates/new experiences on this pipe or others for a 110"-124" Dyna?
MotoLocoPat  2015 FLTRXS, 2013FLHX, 2010FXDF
2006 Ducati S2R1000, 2004 KTM950

Sambo62

I have short RR2 (for 13.5" shocks) and just had my engine built and tuned.  Based on discussions and comparisons to other similar builds, there is a torque hit down low but 3k and above it really starts to come in and makes power out to 6k.  Speaking to the builder and tuner, a longer pipe would have helped in the 2-3.5k range.

Having said that, I am not at all unhappy with the results.  Picking up bike tomorrow and will post before and after results in dyno section when I have time.

FLDavetrain

I have the  newer 3 stepped big motor version. On my second one however. Install was effortless but developed a significant crack at the O2 sensor bung weld, front pipe  right at the heavy bend of pipe. They sent new header no charge. Hopefully just a bad weld and not design flaw. Bike is 124 with very good torque curve into high 140's.
currently 510ci on tap

ndmp40

Quote from: Good_Apollo on November 06, 2017, 08:11:53 AM
I have been in contact back and forth about this pipe with Bassani for some time. They haven't released any media about it yet, but I was able to pre-order based on the drag number for the dyna model 1800-2229

I'll be putting it on my Don built 120r fat bob, replacing a RB racing pipe that has no low end.

Will post more pics once it is all mounted up.

Also looks like somebody is selling it on ebay already as well, just search for the drag number above.

drag
description
vendor_part_number
1800-2229     
EXHAUST 2:1 SS HI-HP FXD
1D3SS

1800-2230     
EXHAUST 2:1 SS HI-HP FXR
1FXR2SS

What is the OD of the collector where it connects to the megaphone muffler?

Can you post of picuture of the backside of the muffler showing the mounting flange?

Thanks in advance.

CVOKing

The real fix for the soft low end is quit messing with them short pipes. Throw a zilla on it