March 29, 2024, 07:31:23 AM

News:

Recommendations on a performance quiet exhaust

Started by rauchman, January 29, 2019, 10:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbn ent

My 103 will run right through. Haven't set a limiter but it is on the list... :slap:
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

sharkoilfield

Boe Cole

Running the Kuryakyn Mellow's.  They are supposed to be a quiet performance muffler but they are still a little loud for me.  On a long trip/ride, i generally use ear plugs to quiet the drone or ear buds with music.  No way I can comfortably hear the speakers due to wind and engine noise.
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Ranze

I have Screaming Beagle on my "not so power oriented" 106" lil' strokie. Taken off 110 CVO.

I know that they are not performance type. But i allready have hearing aid and tinnitus, both ears. And like hear music, i play saxes. Earlier i had Vance&Hines, but then i had wear ear plugs, not any more.
FL -53 Bobber - stroked bigbore
Ex 2002 FLHR strokie

fbn ent

I wear ear plugs for the wind. Wish I had started earlier!

koko3052

PoorUB

Quote from: koko3052 on February 14, 2019, 06:15:59 PM
:up:  same here.

One more for ear plugs.

IMO, the constant wind noise kills our hearing as much as loud exhaust.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Moparnut72

More so. At least for me. I wound up with tinnitus at  6 or 7 due to a high fever. But my hearing loss is due to wind noise from motorcycles and loud noise from years of construction work. I wish I had started wearing hearing protection decades ago.
kk
If you find yourself in a fair fight,
You didn't prepare properly.

92flhtcu

Ear Plugs! Keeping Harley top ends quiet for years!
Need a bigger garage

fbn ent

Ancient

Quote from: rauchman on January 29, 2019, 10:11:32 AM
Greetings,

I'm on a 2013 Switchback and currently running a V&H ProPipe w/ quiet baffle.  Prior to the quiet baffle install, performance was good, but too loud.  Since quiet baffle install, performance is neutered a bit, but volume is good.

Any recommendations for an exhaust that provides performance and low noise?

So was this performance difference prior and after baffle change a seat of the pants measurement and no tuning involved? And if so are you looking for better non-tuned, seat of the pants quiet performance in another exhaust system?
Greg

Eglider05

I'm starting to wear ear plugs a lot more often now, but holy moly when I forget them it sounds like my motor is coming apart.

Rick

fbn ent

LOL! I made the mistake of pulling them out when arriving in a town once :dgust: won't do that again! :doh:

Moparnut72

Isn't that the truth. After riding for a couple of hours with earplugs, pull into town, take them out and oh my what a racket. What bugs me is you can open the hood of any U.S. made push rod V8 and barley hear a thing. Why can't Harley quiet down the mechanical racket their engines make. I like my bike but I absolutely hate the racket coming from the engine and i am not talking about the exhaust. I test rode both a Triumph and a Moto Guzzi when I bought my Slim.They were pretty quiet, especially the Triumph.
kk
If you find yourself in a fair fight,
You didn't prepare properly.

jm7480

I have supertramp fat shots with 10 discs and they are not very loud

Hazzardousmat

Fullsac slipon's. 2in have a nice mellow sound. Louder than stock but not nearly as loud as VH
CR570 cams, fullsac mufflers and boyesen intake