April 18, 2024, 05:20:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Show Those Evo's

Started by Rodney_C, March 21, 2009, 03:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridentheironhorse

97 Ultra Classic
[attach=0]

ridentheironhorse

Thermodyne

October 15, 2017, 11:08:34 AM #102 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:17:42 AM by Thermodyne
Book ends.  84 FXRS and a 2000 FXR-4. 

First Evo, and last Evo.

cycocycle

April 03, 2018, 01:44:35 PM #103 Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 02:01:13 PM by cycocycle

My 1998 FXSTC 15000 miles

Hossamania

Nice looking ride. A '98 with 15,000 miles? Barely broken in. It's ready for some miles!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

nmainehunter

June 02, 2018, 05:06:45 PM #105 Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:12:32 PM by nmainehunter
[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmhjp7TMj]]

I found her on CL with just over 2000 miles on it 2 yrs. ago.

Mark222

Nice find, I always wanted one  of those 3 year BBOYs.

Mark

Hossamania

Really nice. I too have always thought those were a great looking bike.

Reddog74usa

Went to Sturgis on the early side and brought back this souvenir. 1985 FXEF Super smooth runner.

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Mark222

Awesome find there.  I still have mine, owned since the 80s. Mine is far from stock now.  Your new find is altered some, but still has original 35MM tubes and OEM tins.   The Forwards are not stock though.  And that year you needed to change pistons or cut piston reliefs for more than about a .500 lift cam.

Red, I'm sure you know what you have there, it is a somewhat rare Evo + 4 speed and chain final.  Production numbers  were only 2,324.  Definitely a combination of parts, as in SHEVO, part Shovel, part Evo.

Enjoy.

Mark

Reddog74usa

Thanks Mark, I  have had a couple of these and really like em. This one is very smooth. I did get the mid controls with the bike so we'll get that squared away. I did run a VT 3010 cam in my last one and it woke it up quite a bit. I like the Evo 4 speed combination. The power distribution seems to work very well.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

91evo

About time this thread had some updates.

My 89 Softail Custom, 94 Convertable and 98 Fatboy.
[attach=0]  [attach=1]  [attach=2] 

Pete_Vit

:up: nice looking stable  :chop:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

EVOKing94

94 Road King I bought new. Well oiled machine wheel to wheel. Turn the key and go anywhere, anytime.

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

knuckleheadgeorge

It's Sort of a EVO

It's a Frankenstein . .  . but I like it!

Genny lower with Evo Top

Sputhe cam cover

Gear driven foot clutch pedal

screem

Very slick... Love it, nice job

HogMike

My 1995
Started out as a FLHT and ended up as a quasi-street glide

It's my hot rod fun bike!

:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

kd

Lookin real nice Mike. Very clean cut.  Is that the same bike with the 111 S&S you were riding years ago when we met up in San Diego?
KD

HogMike

Yeah, same bike,

Minor head work, compression and a little bump in the cam.
Still can run pump gas and it's a blast to ride!

HOGMIKE
SoCal

screem

my mostly 1995 softail, was a black heritage that had been left out in an open shed for many years. After srounging many parts on Ebay , swap meets and Craigslist, this how it ended up... the tank shift/ suicide clutch is a blast to ride.

screem

Hossamania

Looks good, proper pipes!

Mattbastard

1994 "Road King" (started life as an FLHTC).  Bought at 131K for $2000 with a cracked case from a twice pulled stud.  Now it's got a 106" Evo.

Here's a Youtube walkaround:

https://youtu.be/o9Jz4V23C-A

Pete_Vit

nice EVO, you may want to rethink the exhaust wrap that close to the heads   :unsure:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch