April 19, 2024, 07:46:22 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

KOSO gauge kits Beware

Started by HD/Wrench, August 08, 2018, 06:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD/Wrench

Every bike now that has come through with the Koso gauge kits . you cannot tune the bike with the kit in place. Other brands  you can pull the fuse and get around it . I have spoken with Koso they claim its not true :banghead: :banghead:

So I have tried with SE tuner TTS and PV none will let you flash the bike  Years of bikes have been from early 06 to present .. Just a heads up if a customer wants a tune with these they need to be swapped out back to OEM . It states cannot find / read ECM  No idea why this is but thought I would post on it

Dakota is not an issue never even pull a fuse  Medallion  pull the fuse

Powerglides

August 08, 2018, 07:11:23 AM #1 Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:21:09 AM by Powerglides
Had the same issue a couple of weeks ago with an 07 883R converted to 1200. Direct Link wouldn't flash untill KOSO was disconnected.  Did the tune then reconnected it. Annoying PITA.
Yawn, something else to add to the pre dyno check list.
Boz

HD/Wrench

In a bagger not so simple and you need a gauge in place for them to work at least that has been my experience

Powerglides

I was pleasantly surprised that I got off that easily. Still wasted over an hour trying to figure out what the problem was and dealing with it... :emoGroan:
Boz

HD/Wrench

Funny after talking with Koso and the tech guy telling me that no way a gauge kit his or anyone could cause a issue with .