April 26, 2024, 06:42:29 PM

News:

TTS Question on tuner detection

Started by berniemc, August 08, 2018, 11:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berniemc

Can Harley detect usage of TTS on a 2018 Road Glide if its put back to stock tune before service? Thanks

Buglet

Anytime the ECM played with they know, they have a tracer in there.

berniemc

I was told TTS could not be detected if put back to stock....guess my warranty is gone.

HD/Wrench

Load the stock cal in and its fine ,

berniemc

Thank you.Thats what I was told by another source also.

Buglet

They still can tell someone was in there.

HD/Wrench

Not with a TTS they cannot as it loads a complete stock tune back into the ECM ..   I tune for 3 dealers and they use the TTS all the tune and not once has the vin popped or been flagged

berniemc

I know for a fact one was flagged by Harley at a delearship in Atlanta but I havent been able to find out if it was set back to stock before they plugged it up.

HD/Wrench

I bet it was not .

The Beat up on TTS over this is a dead horse ,   I had a PV get flagged, and I had re tuned it from dealer ( i corrected it for them but it was too late )  , but if they do not alter the cal ID back to what stock was there you have it ..

berniemc

Thank you sir.I will make sure mine is back to stock anytime I need to tak it in...hope never!!

Buglet

Had a couple with PV tunes with the tunes still in there go in to the for warranty work no problems. Harley still can see if someones being into the ECM , it's up to them if they want to flag it or not. With ever tuner saying you should have your bike tune. Now it's OK to put a stock tune in a stage 2 or 3 and run it to the dealer I can where that would be good for the bike.

Buglet

One more thing what do you do when you on the road. What a customer do will he has he bike built a he lives states away.

HD/Wrench

I think there is some mis information here , the dealer is not doing anything .

So when the DT is hooked to that bike its downloads the info. The DT has to be updated once a week , when this update happens it also down loads all the info from all bikes it was used on.  With that info the Vin gets flagged at the MOCO . Dealers are not aware of this until they get notified no power train warranty or its a kick back on warranty .. OR they look it up to see if has been flagged .

TTS will not let them in to see anything , where as the PV will and if said tune does not have the stock cal ID in it well it could ( up to MOCO to get  flagged) I have seen it happen   .  Again its not on the dealer end per say , Now if said dealer knows what they are looking for looks at Cal ID makes the call to see what it should be and what you have is incorrect well that can get the ball rolling pretty fast .   But the dealers are not happy about Moco warranty deal is biting them in the ass as well

Now do I think that the MOCO is very well aware of how to track down a bike that has been tuned , yes I do .. But if you load the 100% stock cal back into the bike , nothing to track its a clean install .. That is if the program you are using in fact is a 100% mirror image of the OEM or EPA tune