April 26, 2024, 09:47:15 AM

News:

Powervision Calibration

Started by Bush Hog, August 18, 2018, 04:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bush Hog

August 18, 2018, 04:00:48 PM Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 04:40:19 PM by Coyote
I have a  2009 FLHTCU that I'm getting ready to convert to a trike.  The motor is a stock 96ci with Screamin Eagle air filter, slip-on mufflers and Powervision tuner.   I'm thinking about upgrading to the Harley Davidson SE29893-07B 96ci to 103ci conversion kit with the Screamin Eagle 555 cams.  I don't see any calibrations with this configuration on the Powervision web site.  Anyone have a Powervison calibration for this set up that you're willing to share?

Another option is to have the Harley calibration for this configuration flashed to the ECM.  Question - if the dealership does the Harley flash, can this be retrieved with the Powervision and saved as a pvt file?  I could probably use this a a base calibration to tune from.

Thoughts or recommendations?

Yo_Boss

Never heard of screamin eagle having a 555 cam.

Ohio HD

Quote from: Bush Hog on August 18, 2018, 04:00:48 PM
I have a  2009 FLHTCU that I'm getting ready to convert to a trike.  The motor is a stock 96ci with Screamin Eagle air filter, slip-on mufflers and Powervision tuner.   I'm thinking about upgrading to the Harley Davidson SE29893-07B 96ci to 103ci conversion kit with the Screamin Eagle 555 cams.  I don't see any calibrations with this configuration on the Powervision web site.  Anyone have a Powervison calibration for this set up that you're willing to share?

Another option is to have the Harley calibration for this configuration flashed to the ECM.  Question - if the dealership does the Harley flash, can this be retrieved with the Powervision and saved as a pvt file?  I could probably use this a a base calibration to tune from.

Thoughts or recommendations?
Email Dynojet tech support, tell them what you have, they'll send you a MAP. It's that easy. 

Then get it tuned!

rigidthumper

Given the weight you're moving, might take a look at the 30 tooth transmission pulley the regular trikes use, also.
Another option is the 110 drop on cylinder kit @ 10:1- more grunt to make it move easier.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

hdbikedoc

yes you can pull the Harley cal out and tune with it  do it all the time
Keep your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked

Bush Hog