April 25, 2024, 07:52:51 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

PowerVision not recognizing ECU

Started by codyshop, August 28, 2018, 07:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codyshop

2018 StreetGlide bought showroom new a few days ago.    Added pipes and big sucker, plugged PowerVision in and got "ECU not supported, contact tech support.    Correct unit, DJ tech support is having me e-mail PV self-diagnostics, stock map retrieval, etc.   Anyone else have this problem?  thanks

Jamie Long

If you are getting that message you have old firmware in your device. Run the PV Update client and update the firmware & tune database.

codyshop

Thanks, I'll try that yet again tomorrow morning.   I got a, "you don't need this" on every file I tried to update from the update client mode. 

codyshop

For what it's worth, the bike appears to be one of the very last 18's made, so is it possible it has 2019 ECU firmware that the PowerVision I have won't work with?

Jamie Long

2019 107" FLH models have the same 824 strategy as 2018, no issues there.

codyshop

Figured it out...for some reason, the DJ software didn't load correctly through my Chrome laptop but did just fine with my MS Edge desktop.   All is well now.