April 19, 2024, 09:05:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

ACR tune

Started by N-gin, October 15, 2018, 06:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-gin

In order for the Compression releases to operate do you need a tune that supports ACRs or just make sure you turn it on when flashing the tune to the bike?

They are not operating. This is a new build so tomorrow I'll go over the wiring.
I may just hook it up like SS does.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

Coyote

The tune and ecm must support it. But I would think if the option is available,  then the tune supports it.

Don D

They must be turned on in the software

N-gin

I think I may have found the issue. I get power to the releases for 2 seconds when I turn the ignition on. So evidently I wired them wrong.. must have had one too many that night.  :embarrassed:
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

1FSTRK

What year/model bike? Some of the strategies cycle the ACR once at key on.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

rigidthumper

That's right- ACRs are powered by the system relay ( as well as the fuel pump and coil). ECM uses grounds to control the activation, so verify you attached the other pin to the ECM at the right point (should be pin 15 on an 09 Dyna)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Don D

Are ACRs toggled on by default in the program?

rigidthumper

No- radio button in the ECM settings.

N-gin

ACRs are toggled on
Getting good power, NO ground from computer.

1FSTRK

October 20, 2018, 08:41:34 AM #9 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:59:18 AM by 1FSTRK
What is the Part number on your ECM?
What cal number are you using?

I know you are not working on a 2017 but read through this thread
http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=101668.msg1196415#msg1196415

You may want to contact TTS to see if they can help.

I also when through this with a friend on his 2011 Softail using PV and finally got an engineer at PV to state that PV cannot turn on the ACR's on that bike regardless of what the cal says, had to go to the dealer and have it done. Now they work with the PV cal even if we toggle them to the off position in the PV software.

Good luck
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

rigidthumper

Which 176 map are you using?

N-gin

Crank sensor went bad.
Problem fixed...

Now with the crank sensor not a problem I noticed that sometimes when I start it, the engine has a hard time. Like the compression release was intermittent.
I was PMed by ridgethumper and he explained the crank sensor and it roll (this is how I found out the crank sensor was the issue) I took the ACR wire to the fuse box and moved it to the constant power on with ignition. Now compression releases always work, no delay. Starter spins good and fires with no problems...
Thanks for the help guys. Now I've got to get the heat cycles done