April 18, 2024, 04:57:54 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Greetings from Southern California

Started by hdfat2002, May 18, 2019, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdfat2002

Hello one and all.

I've been a member of V-Twin Forum (https://www.v-twinforum.com) for a long time and only recently discovered this one.  Thought I should say a proper hello.

I'm an avid rider and life-long mechanic.  My first love is my 2002 FLSTFI that I bought new in 2002.  She remained mostly stock until 2005.  She's now a fire-breather with the following upgrades:

97" S&S Sidewinder Big Bore Kit
S&S Sidewinder Valve Springs
S&S 510G cam and gear drive kit
S&S HL2T lifters and adjustable pushrods
LMR-002 oil pump spring
3.37:1 gearing
Python 3 drag pipes

She's super fun to ride and has carried my ass through 38 of these United States.  She's 120,000 miles young and raring to go for another 120k.

My current mistress is my 2017 Road King.  She remained stock for a full year.  She's still an M8 107, but with S&S 475c cam and a Supertrapp unfiltered head pipe married to Cobra 909 twins.  She's loud and runs hard.  Thinking about 124 kits.

My wife and I love to ride.  She's a back-seat vixen and kick ass road partner.

I wrench and tune my bikes myself and help my buddies with their scooters as well.  This forum is awesome and I plan on being a regular contributor.  The old V-Twin forum is largely inactive and seems to be on its way to irrelevance.  Kind of a bummer, but such is life.

See you on the road.  Shiny side up!

-Brown

Hossamania

Welcome to the site. A lot of info here, a lot of smart and professional members. Lots of M8 tips and repairs.
Be warned, people here will be more than willing to help you spend your money! In a good way, of course.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

harttoo

rigidthumper

Greetings, Brown, from the middle of no where!
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

jls 64

js

SixShooter14

Howdy Brown, welcome to the forum from Arkansas.

It sounds like you know your way around quite well. Just holler at someone if you should have any questions.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Leed

hdfat2002

Thank you for the welcome everyone!

I did a boo-boo and posted a request for a base map in the "AFR & Tuning Zone" area.  It got deleted.

I don't want to behave outside the norms on this forum at all.  I had noticed others posting messages requesting maps. 

Anywayz, I'll be more careful.

Cheers,

-Brown