Recent Power Commander V Install

Started by Jamo11, September 26, 2016, 02:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamo11

I had a RC Components X-Celerator on my 2013 Road King until recently. It worked well, maybe a little abrupt off idle.

My Harley dealer put on the PCV. I have  a high flow air filter, a 255 Screaming Eagle cam, and a Jackpot 2 into 1 into 2 head pipe w/ Wild Pig mufflers.

The wrench at Harley says he loaded the map for a 255 cam and a 2 into 1 pipe.

It's smoother off idle, but just a bit flat until the rpms get up a little. It's just a tad slow to start up.

What is happening and should I change the map?

The reason I went with the RC Components x-Celerator auto fueler (plug and play) initially and why I had Harley install the PCV is because I'm so totally intimidated by fiddling with fuel injection computer maps (and removing gas tanks). How do I get over it?

:gob: :wtf:
The longest line has the most people in it.

Jamie Long

It sounds like your map needs some adjustments. I am not familiar with the specific map you are running however I would try adding 5-7% to the fuel tables in the RPM area you are noting its a bit flat.

Jamo11

Thanks. How should I start up learning how to do that?

What's step one?

Nastytls

You might want to post this in the tuning section.

Jamie Long

Quote from: Jamo11 on September 27, 2016, 01:13:52 PM
Thanks. How should I start up learning how to do that?

What's step one?

As you are running a Dynojet map the first step I would do is contact them directly thru their technical support form here http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/contact/powercommander_technical_support.aspx

Jamo11

I contacted Dynojet. I spoke to one of their tech reps. He really wasn't very helpful other than getting it up and running. I raised the fuel two clicks at the low RPS. It seems to run a little better okay, but I don't really have much confidence that it is spot on.

The online map is for S.E. air cover, S.E.255 cam and two into 1 header and freer flowing mufflers. That's what I have other than mine's a Jackpot 2 into 1 into 2.  What percent increase is two clicks on the "page up"?

Jamo11

Quote from: Jamie Long on September 27, 2016, 11:21:30 AM
It sounds like your map needs some adjustments. I am not familiar with the specific map you are running however I would try adding 5-7% to the fuel tables in the RPM area you are noting its a bit flat.

It's more complicated than that. The program doesn't let you add percentages. You have to go 1 number at a time, you have no idea whether to go up or down or which cylinder and you don't know what that translates to or where the problem is originating from.  As far as I can tell, they want you to do a full, $400 dyno test run to set the thing properly. They are no help at Dyno jet. The tech is an AH. They just blow you off.

This is a terrible, expensive product. The RC Components X-Cellerator I had before was infinitely superior.

Clayster

Quote from: Jamo11 on September 26, 2016, 02:03:09 PM
I had a RC Components X-Celerator on my 2013 Road King until recently. It worked well, maybe a little abrupt off idle.

My Harley dealer put on the PCV. I have  a high flow air filter, a 255 Screaming Eagle cam, and a Jackpot 2 into 1 into 2 head pipe w/ Wild Pig mufflers.

The wrench at Harley says he loaded the map for a 255 cam and a 2 into 1 pipe.

It's smoother off idle, but just a bit flat until the rpms get up a little. It's just a tad slow to start up.

What is happening and should I change the map?

The reason I went with the RC Components x-Celerator auto fueler (plug and play) initially and why I had Harley install the PCV is because I'm so totally intimidated by fiddling with fuel injection computer maps (and removing gas tanks). How do I get over it?

:gob: :wtf:
IMO, You should be getting support from where you purchased it.