April 25, 2024, 07:55:36 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1985 FXRS petcock Q

Started by DynaPat, August 05, 2018, 01:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DynaPat

Call me crazy, that's fine. I wear it as a badge of honor. Not sure if what I have is stock or not, but the petcock has a 90° elbow pressed into the bottom side of the valve assembly pointing right and the plastic part was broke. Wasn't leaking, but it will. Would this be the same 90° elbow that is ordinarily used on the CV carburetor like my '96 FXDS?  Like I said, call me crazy but I'm trying my best to keep this as close to stock as I can.

The section that is pressed in measures 0.312 at the beginning of the taper, going up to just 0.3144 or 0.3145 depending on how it's rotated as measured with a known good micrometer.

Thanks guys.

Deye76

East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

DynaPat

Apologies for not responding much, much sooner. Old age, brain freeze, and just general being up to my ass in alligators made me forget.

Yeah, I ended up just getting a new one. The old one was all ready go back together except for the mongrel sized square section 'O' ring that was on the cone. Oh well. I even filed off the casting flash and whatnot from the old valve body. Complete waste of time & effort. :oops: