April 26, 2024, 02:20:38 PM

News:

151” evo

Started by John/1, October 26, 2018, 04:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John/1

I seen on Facebook Randy is build a 151" evo 4.5" bore 4.75 stroke
This my kind of motor I have a pick but can't see to post it say it's to large.
John

No Cents

October 26, 2018, 04:32:46 PM #1 Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 04:37:14 PM by No Cents
  here you go John

[attach=0]
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

John/1

Evojoe

Wonder how long an engine that big will last. Proly has a pretty good shake to it

Deye76

East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Evojoe

You have have to steroid the rest of the bike to.

John/1

October 27, 2018, 03:23:13 AM #6 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 03:38:38 AM by John/1
I don't think this would fit in a stock frame without raising the backbone. This motor probably has a 8" connecting rod or longer.
In the long run it's better than a big inch with a short rod just my opinion. I would be more concerned about the rest of the drive train with a beast like this if it was set up with 12.5 comp and a big cam.

Deye76

Quote from: Evojoe on October 26, 2018, 05:39:53 PM
You have have to steroid the rest of the bike to.

That was my point.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

rigidthumper

For some guys, too much is just right.
Personally, I'd much rather see a huge engine  :baby: than a huge front wheel  :sick: . :bike:
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

turboprop

While interesting, this is not really new. The Pro Gas guys have been building carbureted 160" Evo style engines for years.

'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

John/1

Those raise deck cases look pretty cool.

oldskewl

Wow, those cases are a thing of beauty.

pwmorris

STD made this motor 15 years ago (a 155 Evo) and I knew a local guy who had one, with nothing but tuning and starting troubles (also HP troubles as I beat him with 30 less cubes). Remember, they dont have EZ start cams, so that huge real estate has to be cranked over regularly in heat soaked, daily driven situations. Also it came with a D carb and if there is anyone here beside myself who tried to run them as a daily driver on the street, you know how difficult it is.
Also, R&R offered a similar motor 10 years ago in billet form (different cases) for over 13 grand.
http://rrcycles.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=83
Also, yes, the entire drivetrain (and bike) needs to be redone to handle the vibration and torque, as well as trying to find a pipe that isn't so loud you don't piss off everyone in the area (been there/done that and it gets real old real fast)-and that actually makes decent HP, or the whole point of the motor is a waste.
Finally, an Evo configuration this large is my last choice (4 cam, then TC in that order), as pushrod angle is not my cup of tea.
Other than that, it looks cool.....