March 29, 2024, 01:11:51 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

ACR adapters for S&S heads

Started by evofatboy, November 26, 2018, 08:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evofatboy

Does anyone make adapters to use the harley auto compression releases in S&S heads. I know S&S uses a 14mm and harley uses 12mm.

Ohio HD

Do the S&S units expel the compression through the exhaust port like the Harley ACR's do?

Or do they expel it upward out of the assembly?

If it's the later, you need more than an adapter, you need to machine the head to expel the compression from the Harley ACR.

evofatboy

Yes the S&S heads are machined to exit in the exhaust port. The difference is thread size. 14mm on S&S and 12mm on harley. What is needed is some kind of adapter. thanks

Hybredhog

November 27, 2018, 02:01:24 PM #3 Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 07:10:55 PM by Ohio HD
  I've installed several sets of HD ACR on S&S heads. You need to sink the 14mm hole a bit more & then install 12mm "big-serts" in the threaded 14mm. Big-serts  are a oversize 14mm that holds tight. then use a spacer washer under the HD ACR to lift it for opening clearance. Mine are 4yrs. & doing great.  You can get the big-sert kits at https://www.threaddoctor.com

'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

evofatboy

I appreciate all your suggestions. thanks