March 28, 2024, 06:35:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1952 Pan frame swap

Started by BBQBIKER, January 11, 2016, 03:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBQBIKER

For exhaust I want to use the Paughco 735B independent dual pipe system. I dig the OEM look of the 2:1, but sounds too polite for me.

BBQBIKER sends

HogMike

Quote from: BBQBIKER on October 21, 2016, 05:37:36 AM
For exhaust I want to use the Paughco 735B independent dual pipe system. I dig the OEM look of the 2:1, but sounds too polite for me.

If that's too quiet for you, you can always get the "short police style muffler"
I put that one on my '65 and modified the baffle a bit to get it to breathe better.
Louder than stock, but looks OEM
JMHO :missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

You might take a look at 65240-41A which is the stock length
Or 65240-58 which is the "short" version.
They also had a "quiet" version later on 65236-58
I have the fish tale style also with my duals that I used to run, but prefer the single style now.

HOGMIKE
SoCal

BBQBIKER

Quote from: HOGMIKE on October 21, 2016, 11:56:40 AM
You might take a look at 65240-41A which is the stock length
Or 65240-58 which is the "short" version.
They also had a "quiet" version later on 65236-58
I have the fish tale style also with my duals that I used to run, but prefer the single style now.

Great info thanks for sharing......decisions decisions....
BBQBIKER sends

Hossamania

Easy decision. Drag pipes. Best looking. Best sounding.
I know, I know,...
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

BBQBIKER

Quote from: Hossamania on October 21, 2016, 04:19:09 PM
Easy decision. Drag pipes. Best looking. Best sounding.
I know, I know,...

I love the sound of dreams.....had them on the previous incarnation...

BBQBIKER sends

BBQBIKER

Yeah the 65240-58 will look great perfect length. Pipes that stick out past the wheel look retarded in my not so humble un-PC opinion. Thanks for the recommendation

BBQBIKER sends

Brrrap

Looks quite familiar
[attach=0]
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

BBQBIKER

BBQBIKER sends

HogMike

Lets see if I can get this pic of my '56 to post with the "short" muffler on it. :nix:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

dablaze

Quote. Pipes that stick out past the wheel look retarded in my not so humble un-PC opinion.

Couldn't agree with you more! And on that toolbox mount, I think it was a common upgrade to switch to the later style.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

HogMike

Quote from: dablaze on October 23, 2016, 09:19:09 PM
Quote. Pipes that stick out past the wheel look retarded in my not so humble un-PC opinion.

Couldn't agree with you more! And on that toolbox mount, I think it was a common upgrade to switch to the later style.

Craig

The mount changed late 54 or 55 same tool box, just different brackets
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

BBQBIKER

Pulling the trans out of my swingarm roller that previously held the 52' motor. Gonna get it cleaned up and down to Motor Jesus for mock up in the Vtwin frame.

I have plans for this old roller cuz I do like it. It's got a wide glide with a 21 and a disc/banana caliper setup, a 16" star hub rear with a juice drum, the 3.5 gal tanks are nice too. The forward controls and 14" apes fit me perfectly and I'd still be riding it if I didn't roast the motor.

Like a lot of us I've always had an interest in owning a Knuckle motor, so if I ever get my hands on one, then I'll pull the 69' Shovel motor outta my 39' frame chopper, put the Knuckle motor in THAT, and put the Shovel motor in the swingarm bike. Perfect!

I'll have a Knuckle, Pan, Shovel, EVO and life will be complete.....but what about a Big Twin Flathead????? Hahahha I have a disease............
BBQBIKER sends

Wicked

Nice progress!!      ...and if ya gotta have a disease - that's a fine one to have!!  :bike:

Snowyone

My contribution to getting the juices flowing is hearing my fresh rebuilt motor on the test stand at Highway Choppers in Glenndale, Az.  They redid the bottom end after the previous shop did a 1/2 a$$ed job.  Had the heads and roller rockers done a Baisleys years ago and I did the install.  Dave said I even had the distributer on the right tooth.  Took my tranny to them and they repaired some bogus welds and rebushed the gears and replaced 3rd gear.  Really happy with the work they're doing and you would be hard pressed to see where the weld repairs happened. On my way to pick up the pieces tomorrow.  If you want to hear the Pan run it's on their web site under the name John.

Ozbob

where ya at with this one, how did the VT stuff stack up

BBQBIKER

Quote from: Ozbob on March 30, 2017, 07:15:44 PM
where ya at with this one, how did the VT stuff stack up

Not much going on with this been focused on the shovel and that's all done so now it's time for the Panhead but I will update as things move along thanks for your interest
BBQBIKER sends

dablaze

Just checking if there was any progress on this project...would like to know how it is going!

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

Brrrap

82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86