April 16, 2024, 02:21:21 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1996 ultra classic electra glide acts like it’s loading up.

Started by Lonewolf78, April 27, 2019, 04:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonewolf78

1996 ultra classic electra glide with fuel injection. It runs great when it's cold, but as it warms up it starts acting like it loads up when you give it throttle then picks up. When it gets up to the top side of running temp, it starts running great. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

fbn ent

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

Ajayrk

AJ

Lonewolf78

Yes the idle stays about 1000. Is there a way to ohm out the sensor?

MikeL

I have tested these sensors. When I had a bike with your symptoms I removed the sensor and tested ohms at ambient temp.   This particular sensor was bad and the ohm meter fluctuated.I installed a new sensor and away he went.This was not an M/M system, 2002 Delphi. With that being said I would purchase a new sensor and install it. You have an M/M system this system when good there great when bad good luck, not to many still work on the system and parts are scarce.
The M/M has an intake temp sensor also. This could be telling the ECM its cold. I have never went too far with these systems. It is less expensive to convert to carburetor in the long run.

MIKE

Lonewolf78

Thank you guys! I will get it changed and post results.

Lonewolf78

Thank you guys! I changed the temp sensor, after having to special order it, and it runs great. Thanks again!