March 28, 2024, 04:17:42 AM

News:

RIP Specialx1

Started by Hardley Davidson, February 28, 2010, 10:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CndUltra88

Quote from: Hardley Davidson on February 28, 2010, 10:52:20 PM
Specialx1 passed away Sunday morning.  He was my best friend and mentor.  For those of us who knew him, we will ride with a broken heart, and for those of you who never had the privilege, now you know why it feels a little colder and darker today.

His absence leaves a BIG damn hole, but I know he's riding where there are no speed traps, no fuel stops and no traffic.   

RIP
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

rking1550

:sad:  sorry for your loss and his family. Although I didn't know him personaly, I always enjoyed his commets  here.  :sad:
124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR

Dennis The Menace

Hardley, while we have kind words for Luther and his family, you should also know you are in our thoughts also--he was lucky to have a good friend like you.  Good to know he had a good brother while he was here.  Bless you, man.  Prayers for you, too.

Dennis

LilEvilAmy

:sad:  I'm in shock.... Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.  R.I.P., Brother.   :sad:
~ Li'l Amy & her "Evil Twin" Snortster ~ Detroit, MI ~  ~

Evo1

Specialx1 was one of the good guys and truly "Special". We all benefited by his presence and humor. HTT is just a site that facilitates communication between members, it's the people like Special that made it great.

Special, I'm glad to have known you! You will be missed. Rest in peace my friend.

BikerJim44

Oh man, I just can't believe this horribly sad news. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to Special's family and friends and you too especially Harley D. This is so sad. Prayers sent and may God Bless you Specialx1 in your new journey. R.I.P. :sad: Spidey.
You can ride my hoss, Ride my woman but don't ever ride my bike.

ctree

:sad: My condolences to Specialx1's family and friends.

jimrookie

I'm sad, His quick witted posts will be missed..prayers sent for his family and friends

Coyote

I regret I never got to meet Luther. We PM'd often and he was always willing to help here at HTT and add a fun flair to the place. Best wishes to his family. He will be missed.

Big_Bulky_RK

Just few thoughts I have for this tragic turn.  I always loved reading specialx1 replies.  They were sometimes fun to read and other times down right from the heart.  To me he was one of the best on here even though I never got to meet him, I feel in a way I did.  I'm not sure how he came up with his nickname on here.  I truly believe he never thought of himself as "special".   Maybe some of his closer friends can help us with this.
May God be with you and your family at this time.  Sadly, R.I.P. :sad:  Glen

P.S.
Jam,   Will Earls place remain........Moderators: JamLazyAss, specialx1 ?
Michigan,    Pot Hole Capital of the US

03deuce

Very sad news.  RIP brother!

rhino

He will be missed, my condolences to everyone

ANNIEFATS

There are 10 types of people. Those who can read binary, and those who can't!

Clintster

Specialx1 contributions will be greatly missed.  Prayer and thoughts for friends and family.  RIP   :sad:  For those folks close to the man, I am so very sorry for your loss...       Clint
Drive fast, take chances

Lew

Wow, this is terrible news...I'm in shock....RIP Special  :sad:

Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

HyperDetroit

My condolences to his family.  :sad:
Всё в руках божьих

HyperDetroit

Earl's place will not be the same without him  :sad:
Всё в руках божьих

Tsani

:sad:Not much I can say. My condolences to Luther's family and friends.  :sad:
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

JamLazyAss

Quote from: Big_Bulky_RK on March 01, 2010, 12:43:54 PM
Just few thoughts I have for this tragic turn.  I always loved reading specialx1 replies.  They were sometimes fun to read and other times down right from the heart.  To me he was one of the best on here even though I never got to meet him, I feel in a way I did.  I'm not sure how he came up with his nickname on here.  I truly believe he never thought of himself as "special".   Maybe some of his closer friends can help us with this.

P.S.
That's a decision that the admin's will have to make.
PS:
That was a great post you did. I think we all agree with you 100%. He will certainly be missed.
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Hydroman

RIP Specialx1, I too always enjoyed your posts.
You will be missed by many here.
Condolences to specialx1's friends and family.
Basking in the wake of mediocore achievment

pendo31

Condolences to Specialx1's family and friends. RIP :sad:
East Providence, RI

ANNIEFATS

Quote from: Big_Bulky_RK on March 01, 2010, 12:43:54 PM

P.S.

Maybe Earls Place should be renamed Specialx1's Place.  That way he will always live on here at HTT. 
:up:
There are 10 types of people. Those who can read binary, and those who can't!

Hardley Davidson

He told me once that his name here came from his first email address years ago when he thought of himself as the #1 fan of Special Export beer, also nicknamed Specialx in this part of the country.  I like to think that it meant x-tra special 1.

FLTRI

Hardley,
Is it inappropriate to say what happened?
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

CDeucer

My condolences to all the family and friends of specialx1. I always enjoyed reading his posts. Truly a loss for all. I agree that the "Shed" should be renamed for him. :sad: