April 24, 2024, 09:33:02 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

swingarm bearings 2002 fxd

Started by sniper, December 10, 2018, 09:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sniper

I will be replacing my drive belt this year. 2002 fxd with overt 98,000 miles. while I have things apart I think I will replace the swingarm bearings. should I use the OEM bearings from harley or is there anything better. 2002 fxd with hippo motor.  95 inch, screaming eagle heads, s&s 570 gear drive cams

rigidthumper

New spacer,bushing, bearings & races from HD should get you another 15-20 years. I'd prolly do new motor mounts at the same time.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

N-gin

Quote from: rigidthumper on December 11, 2018, 06:17:27 AM
New spacer,bushing, bearings & races from HD should get you another 15-20 years. I'd prolly do new motor mounts at the same time.

Motor mounts as well  :up:
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

sniper

just did the front and rear motor mounts this past year

trex

trex

Didn't add any comment on that last post because I usually can't post pictures and was experimenting. That mount is from Custom Cycle Engineering, I put one on my 03 FXD and like it. Well made heavy duty and helps with vibration. The stock top mount is solid where the other two are rubber. I was going to change my swing arm bushing too but found them still tight, but you have twice the mileage I do.

sniper

looks good. will change that upper mount too

trex

Quote from: sniper on December 16, 2018, 05:57:51 PM
looks good. will change that upper mount too
Let me know what you think of it after it's in

sniper