March 29, 2024, 07:10:16 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Upgrade ideas for 08 RG , Harmon Kardon / Hogtunes amp and speakers

Started by skunk, January 09, 2019, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skunk

Current set up is a Harmon Kardon out of a Ultra with the extra plug in added to supply signal for the rear speakers, Hogtunes ncr40.4 amp (2012 version), HT 3572-AA gen 3 5x7 front speakers along with their 117.2-AA 5" rears. While in town it does what I need in radio, CD and aux, input I need a little more out it on the hiway. CD and stereo kinda keep up for me but wife cannot hear, but aux( Ipod mainly) input falls even shorter. When the volume is raised above about 2/3 no more increase in volume can be noticed. Sound does get get a little distorted at the higher volumes. I have talked with a tech at HT and told that was about what to expect when using an input source? Would using my phone add any volume over the ipod. Exhaust is a supertrapp 2-1 with about 24? (IIRC) discs and running a Nation Cycles V-Stream windshield. Looking on ideas on improving the volume and quality of sound on the hiway. I mainly use an input for trips. TIA

calif phil

Bigger front speakers would be the first thing I would do. 

skunk

Phil,
     Thank you for your input. Do you have a vendor that you have used and recommend for Road Glides? Fronts I could see upgrading, rears not so sure as with a passenger a lot of the  rear speaker sound is diminished and the passenger is one of the things I try to keep happy :SM:

calif phil

Biketronics, Wild Boar, Rockford Fosgate are some of the good name brands. 

mrmarr

IMHO avoid Biketronics at all costs. there are much better options

gordonr

"If was easy everyone would do it"

IronMike113

BikeTronics 2180/4180 Amp and some 7.1  Biketronics speakers in the front and some 6.5 in the rear pods,,,,,,,,, :speaker: you will not have any problems Hearing it,I personally use a Flash 𝑫𝒓𝒊𝒆  𝑫𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆 Drive  with my music, I think you get a lot better music/ Sound from it or a aux cord verses Bluetooth,,,,,,,, JMHO
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳