March 29, 2024, 05:57:21 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need a new system

Started by Doodad, May 10, 2019, 09:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodad

To start, I've been running a stock head unit and a soundstream powering a couple of infinity 6.5in a 2010 Road Glide Custom. Recently received a 2013 king tour pack with pods so I'll be adding it to the mix. 

Time to upgrade since I've lost the left channel. Amp or speaker, don't know. 

This is what I have access to. Would like to use as much as possible but willing to upgrade if necessary. 
Biketronics 4180
Biketronics 7.1 (non pro) 
Alpine bt149 head unit

Need tour pak speaker suggestions to work with the 7.1's or I can start over with a matching set front and rear if it's gonna make a big difference. Will eventually add 6x9 in hogtunes lids. Not any time soon though. 

Looking for Sq while cruising slow and high volume levels at 80 mph or so. System will be entirely set up for me. No competitions and not trying to impress the parking lot crowd. Just want to enjoy my music. Mostly classic rock, country, and blues. No hip hop, rap, or edm. Asking for suggestions cause I plan on keeping it for a while. You guys have seen and heard waaay more speakers than I ever will. I'm 60 and looking at retirement. Disposable income is gonna dry up so I need to get it right the first time. 

Looking forward to suggestions and thanks in advance.

Leed

Sounds like you've got a great start with those parts.  For the tourpak you'll need 4ohm speakers to match the 7.1s.  Brand is whatever you like.  You'll also need an installation kit.  I used this one to be able to use your handlebar controls.
http://www.biketronics.com/bt1005x-1998-2013-multi-brand-radio-install-kit/
You'll want to buy their cover too for protecting the radio in the rain.

I'm not audio expert by any means so I hope this helps you out.

gordonr

That will be a great system. Clean and clear.  I would have recommend an Pioneer DEH 80prs but with the new IOS, song advance in bluetooth wont work as of now. Pioneer hasn't given any intel as to when it will be corrected either.In the tour pack I would continue to use the  Biketronics 5 1/4 or Hybrid audios offering. Running 4 speakers on the rear channels wont be an issue either when you add in the lids. I would also spend a little time spraying a sound deadner product on the backside of your fairing while its off. With that head unit you will be able to set your audio freq. The fronts should be set at 80hz cut off and the rear 5 1/4 at 100hz. When you get the 6x9's they will want 80hz so you will have to compromise settings with the 5 1/4 in the mix.
"If was easy everyone would do it"

Rockout Rocker Products

I have the BT 4180 & 7.1 non pros in my batwing, Polk MM651s in the rear pods. The Polks sound as good, maybe better than the 7.1s and are PNP.
  :beer: :beer:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!