March 28, 2024, 01:41:34 PM

News:

RIP Jim Hutton

Started by No Cents, August 12, 2018, 10:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhippie

Very sad...Rest In Peace

He was a great guy!! Spent many a day sitting in his garage watching him work on my junk enjoying being completely entertained.

BVHOG

Met him at the V twin expo and had supper with him, he picked up the tab for the entire table. He had a great sense of humor as well. R.I.P.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Billy

Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

Don D

That sucks, he was a great guy

Coyote

For those that can't see the details on FB. I was leading this ride.

This weekend was our annual ride to Mammoth Lakes CA, a ride we have done many times before. Friday, eight of us left home to make the journey over the Sierras and down to Mammoth. Half way up the mountain, an oncoming semi pulling tandem trailers loaded with 20-30 1000 lb bales of hay came around a corner too fast and the rear most trailer tipped over. Jim Hutton and Teri Lish were riding sweep and got caught in the spill as it came across our side of the highway. Jim was my best friend and I will be forever grateful for the time we had as friends and the thousands of miles we rode together and laughed together. Teri was on last years trip and a wonderful person. This photo Sarah took from Friday is the way I will remember both of them.

[attach=0,msg1248071]

Don D

I feel bad for your loss. An awful tragedy

mrmike

I have no words... my condolences and respect to family and friends.

He was with friends doing what he loved, though I know that's a small consolation.  :sad:

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

kik

Condolences to both of their families, R.I.P.  :sad:  :sad:

preacher son

Very sad to read this, no words can ever make it right. Sorry for your loss of good friend coyote.  :sad:

We all give watchful care about deer, critters and other vehicles but i got to say this will make me very aware of hay trucks from now on and there are a lot out here by me
FTW          I've had a good life

truck

Sorry you lost your good friend Keith, he'll live forever in the memory of all that knew him. :sad:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

motorhogman

where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

klammer76

crazy joe

August 13, 2018, 10:39:46 AM #37 Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:45:41 AM by crazy joe
Thoughts and Prayers go out to His and her Family and Friends.

BVHOG

Quote from: Coyote on August 13, 2018, 07:40:37 AM

This weekend was our annual ride to Mammoth Lakes CA, a ride we have done many times before. Friday, eight of us left home to make the journey over the Sierras and down to Mammoth. Half way up the mountain, an oncoming semi pulling tandem trailers loaded with 20-30 1000 lb bales of hay came around a corner too fast and the rear most trailer tipped over. Jim Hutton and Teri Lish were riding sweep and got caught in the spill as it came across our side of the highway. Jim was my best friend and I will be forever grateful for the time we had as friends and the thousands of miles we rode together and laughed together. Teri was on last years trip and a wonderful person. This photo Sarah took from Friday is the way I will remember both of them.

[attach=0]
Wow, very sorry for your loss.  Let us here on the forum know if there will be a memorial of some kind or someplace we can donate.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Scooterfish

Very sorry for the loss of your good friend Keith. Thoughts and prayers to all family and friends.
Northern Indiana

1FSTRK

"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

wfolarry

Quote from: Admiral Akbar on August 12, 2018, 01:46:44 PM
WTF, Saw him a little over a month ago with WFO larry...  :emsad:
Was looking forward to riding out next year to see his house after he remodeled it. He was a great guy.

CndUltra88

[attach=0]

Coyote, I felel for the loss.
I have recently started saying to those I know who are about to pass or have passed I say "Till we Meet Again".
Doesnt make it easier, but it is not a good bye and has more meaning in my mind.
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

xltjim

Never knew him but sounds as if it would of been an honor to.  May he and his passenger rest in peace. :sad:

biggzed

I feel sick to my stomach. I never met him, but he gave me some helpful advice on a project a couple of years ago. Seemed like a real genuine guy. My condolences to everyone, especially you Coyote.

Zach

oldhippie

So sorry coyote! That must have been awful... take some comfort in them going doing what they loved. They will be terribly missed.  :sad:

TXChop

alstar2

locker55

:sad: I bet God will have a fast bike now that Jim is up there.
Very sad, My prays to his and her family's. RIP.

04 SE Deuce

[attach=0]

Keith my condolences as I thought of you immediately and wondered if you present at the scene...I can't fathom what that must have been like. 

In conversations with Jim I occasionally referred to him as your wingman,  as such very few could be his equal.