April 24, 2024, 01:28:40 PM

News:

twincam lifter advise

Started by tc1550, May 20, 2019, 08:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc1550

just got back from myrtle bike week fresh 117 engine build dyno tuned no issues .Afew times cold start up lazy lifter wont pump up right way very annoying cant find which one it is gonna change all .Not going to say what brand in bike now to keep fair .I have my choices down to two which ones ? s&s premium or larrys premium question is do i get them with limiters or non limiters installed .ARe they needed with 650 lift cams avv behive springs .Or if reg premium lifters either brand are 3 turns ok on preload with se pushrods 24tpi .and if i go limiters how are they adjusted thanks .Thanks in advance

Ohio HD

My opinion, get the limiters. As far as brand, your choice.

tdrglide

I like 2 flats off the bottom (limiter)

wildchild

I am running the S&S Premiums without limiters adjusted to OEM specs, not leak down at all.

Hillside Motorcycle

S&S std lifters loaded to .140".
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

doubletrouble

According to zippers , they now adjust all their push rods up 4 flats from the bottom , limiters or not .

jrgreene1968

I've ran 2 sets of s&s premiums, without limiters.. never a problem, and always quiet. Fixing to try a set of wfo Larry's premiums I bought awhile back