April 19, 2024, 02:22:06 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S super E question

Started by waltcentral, March 21, 2019, 03:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltcentral

On Nightrider.com  un jetting S&S carbs they suggest a range of intermediate and main jets for 74 to 86 inch builds.  One thing I find interesting is they recommend 3 turns out for the mixture screw.  I am at .0295 and between 1-1.5 turns out. Should I drop down to . 280 intermediate jet to attempt to get the 3 turns?

Hillside Motorcycle

After owning a dyno(s) for almost 1/4 century, .0295 pilot, and a .072 main, 1 1/2 turns out on the air/idle screw a 3 complete turns out on the accelerator pump, is a strong baseline for 74 and 80"ers.
Start bringing cams/compression/strokers into the picture, then those I mentioned are much different.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

waltcentral

I forgot about the accelerator pump and assumed the three turns out was the mixture screw. Makes sense now.
Thanks

Rsw

Think I'd follow the S&S tuning guide has always worked for me

76shuvlinoff

I have ran a couple different Es on my 76.  Following the S&S recommendations had them both pretty rich... but that's better starting point than too lean.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway