March 29, 2024, 07:47:59 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Custom camshaft, available grinding companies?

Started by NCTURBOS, February 03, 2018, 07:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCTURBOS

I appreciate the responses gentlemen... I have some homework to do, and some phone calls to make.

I believe I did OK with my first design turbo application camshaft that is currently installed in the bike, but know I can do better. Always striving...

I'm expecting 200+ Hp out of my little 95" this spring, as-is with the addition of E85 & more boost, and then I'm going to make a few changes.

K.
-Boosted 95" B... 160.75-hp & 141.55-tq, 93-octane
-2017 FLTRXS... Stock

No Cents

have you thought about talking to Frank Drago?
I know he is in to the boosted bikes big time. He builds and tunes a lot of them. I think he even has a few custom cams that he has had ground for the boosted applications.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Don D

They are local to me. I look elsewhere unless it is a vintage restoration. Not the guys to be designing profiles and properly timing the events for this special application. Personally considering the goal I would use a cam designer to create the lobes and specifications and then have Andrews grind it.

sfmichael

Quote from: No Cents on February 08, 2018, 06:26:49 PM
  have you thought about talking to Frank Drago?
I know he is in to the boosted bikes big time. He builds and tunes a lot of them. I think he even has a few custom cams that he has had ground for the boosted applications.

used Drago's on a boosted bike we did at the dealer - seemed to work very well

made 200hp
Colorado Springs, CO.

HD/Wrench

Also  If you find a GD cam you could have it re ground . Not sure if there is savings there but its an option ( if you find a cam that will work meaning close enough with enough room to do what you want )