April 25, 2024, 12:16:53 AM

News:

What happened ?

Started by Frédéric CM, July 23, 2018, 12:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frédéric CM

S&S (CP) give .75 as dome volume

rigidthumper

August 11, 2018, 06:41:58 AM #26 Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:55:33 AM by rigidthumper
When you deduct the valve relief volume from the dome volume, it measures less than +1 cc, so the +.75 is prolly accurate.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

No Cents

you guys are probably correct on the dome cc's.
When I looked at the piston in the front cylinder in his picture, the piston dome appeared to be larger than 0.75 cc's. The dome on the front piston just looked to be taller than my +4cc domed CP pistons are. I guess it's an illusion.     
  I'll blame it on my new glasses.   :hyst:
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Frédéric CM

I guess the thing is that the valve relief cutout is very deep, hence the low CC's

sfmichael

Quote from: jsachs1 on August 10, 2018, 03:12:38 PM
Quote from: tmwmoose on July 23, 2018, 01:13:05 AM
What a bummer , feel for ya hope you get feeling better so you can tackle this motor :emsad:
That's becoming more common.  :angry: That and broken beehive springs. That's why I won't use them unless the customer insists.
John

John, are those factory parts only that are failing and are aftermarket beehives available? They seem to work well in mild to moderate auto engine builds.
Colorado Springs, CO.

Hilly13

I think you will like your new cam, I have it at less static comp than you in my 110 FLSS with stock heads and I really like it.
Just because its said don't make it so

Frédéric CM

Need some advice about the air cleaner, I currently have this one (with K&N HD-0808 instead of synthetic) : https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/screamin-eagle-stage-i-air-cleaner-kit-pa-18-29400235--1
I don't know if it will flow enough for the new build.

Does someone know this one ? https://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=63-1137
Or what do you guys recommend ? S&S Stealth ? Big Sucker (II ?) ? Other ?

aabikrman

:up: :up:

Sounds real good,  Should be a great runner !

Rockout Rocker Products

www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Yo_Boss

Have you had it dyno tuned? Do you have a chart to share?

Frédéric CM

Didn't finished the heat cycles yet... I can't wait to try it on the road !

I don't have any competent dyno operator nearby, I'll tune it using DJ Target Tune. If I can, I'll have try to have a dyno pull once tuned.

I'ld like to thank everyone who was involved in the build :hug:

Frédéric CM

Did about 600km with the bike now, I really like the new build : It start to pull as low as 1800rpm (!!), big boost in torque from 2500 to 3500. I didn't rev it more than that because the engine ins't fully breaked in.

Target Tune is a very nice add-on, it makes the "initial" tuning much easier. I still have 200km left to do for break in, I hope to do it before the snow but it seems compromise...  When will it be safe for the engine to do WOT runs (for tuning purpose) ?

Cams (590ps2) are a bit noisy (Woods Alpha Lifters & Smith Brothers Pushrods, adjusted 4turns 2flats (about .135")), how to determin if it is too much/abnormal or not ? Already have Rockouts in ;)

I need some advice for the clutch : I will put the SE spring (380lbs), will it be enough to prevent slippage, or should I also add a +1 plate kit (Alto ? Barnett ?) while i'm in there ?

Thanks

klammer76

Nice job. I bet it is a blast to ride.

1FSTRK

:up: :up:
Nice looking bike, I bet it is a blast with that new engine combo.

Just to back track was the original engine in post 1 stock or did it have head work and cams?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Frédéric CM

It had just a 57H and a 0.030" HG before ;)

Snowyone

I used the SE race clutch kit on my 124 and can detect no slippage.  Does give your hand a workout though.  Also put one on my 107 and backed the nuts way off and it doesn't slip.  They have a formula on how many turns for X amount of torque.  A bit more reasonable priced alternative to the high dollar clutch replacements.  Sure are a noisy enough cams.  I can hear them on your utube video.  Mine make noise to but after years running shovel and pan motor bikes I'd be wondering what was wrong if I didn't hear the rattle.

Smarty

Quote from: Frédéric CM on November 01, 2018, 03:57:01 AM
Did about 600km with the bike now, I really like the new build : It start to pull as low as 1800rpm (!!), big boost in torque from 2500 to 3500. I didn't rev it more than that because the engine ins't fully breaked in.

Target Tune is a very nice add-on, it makes the "initial" tuning much easier. I still have 200km left to do for break in, I hope to do it before the snow but it seems compromise...  When will it be safe for the engine to do WOT runs (for tuning purpose) ?

Cams (590ps2) are a bit noisy (Woods Alpha Lifters & Smith Brothers Pushrods, adjusted 4turns 2flats (about .135")), how to determin if it is too much/abnormal or not ? Already have Rockouts in ;)

I need some advice for the clutch : I will put the SE spring (380lbs), will it be enough to prevent slippage, or should I also add a +1 plate kit (Alto ? Barnett ?) while i'm in there ?

Thanks

I don't think it's the Tman cam, more likely the Woods lifters. The ones I've used were noisy at idle but pumped up good under higher rpms. A set of S&S premium lifters would quieten it down. Nice work.
Suspended by Smarty
Carol Burks

Yo_Boss

You really need to get that bike on a Dyno!

Frédéric CM

I'ld love too once I finished tuning ;)

Hilly13

Mate I'm running the same cams, love the way it goes, not noisy but I'm using the Johnson Hilift EDI lifters and lockers, will be keeping them, your bike looks and sounds awesome by the way
Just because its said don't make it so

itsafatboy

I use this air filter on my 116" its a deeper tapered filter very nice , and washable and no oil , never need another filter make sure you talk to them and get the deeper filter ,

http://exotx.com/filters.htm

N-gin

Glad to see it back whole again.
For clutch I'd go with Sportman with a Barnnet basket..
Whatever clutch I recamend the basket for any build.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

lucasg

Frederic MC:  just watched the video..sounds like a beast.  Very nicely done.  I too noticed somewhat loud ticking noise as well(maybe my speakers ?) 
Overall great sounding bike and I'm sure it'll be a strong runner.  Tres bien Monsieur.. :up: :up:

biggzed

Solid build and sounds great. Nice looking bike as well. How do you like that front brake set-up?

Zach