March 28, 2024, 08:18:32 AM

News:

2017 dyna lowrider upgrade

Started by greenshovel0014, November 09, 2018, 04:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenshovel0014

I am looking for suggestions on a cam,air cleaner and pipe combination and maybe a tuner?

1FSTRK

I remember you were liking the model with the 110ci, is that what you ended up with?
What type of riding?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

greenshovel0014

the standard dyna low not the "S"

greenshovel0014

lots of two up riding but I am looking for a good starting point.

greenshovel0014

on my last bike I just used an ixed instead of a tuner...it was 99 bux...

1FSTRK

Don't take this wrong but if that is your plan for tuning don't waste money on a cam.
A real tuner and professional tune will get you more power than a cam and make believe tuner.

greenshovel0014

I will pay for a tuner if its worth it the auto Richter
was just a piggyback easy way.......I just dont want to go balls deep on a stock bike just yet. It is the last of its kind!

rigidthumper

Do you have warranty or ESP considerations?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

greenshovel0014

no warranty to speak of 3 month  warranty. I am buying from a used dealer. I was just curios on maybe doing a cam pipe a/c and tuner package.

bigfoot5x

I am a fan of the IXED and have used them on 3 or 4 bikes. If you are only looking to change mufflers and the air cleaner then the IXED works fine. It doesn't really re-tune the bike but tricks it into running slightly richer. My wife is not a hot rod type rider and this change made the engine run a little cooler and is plenty peppy for her.

My opinion is that a tuner is needed if you change the cams or cubic inches. These are significant changes and will require a tuner of some type. These are changes I like to make.  I have seen enough bad tunes on bikes by guys that are supposed to know what they are doing that I am partial to the Thundermax. I can play with it myself but mostly have set it up and let it do its thing.

This is contrary to lots of guy's thinking on here but I know plenty of riders that never really ride the bike hard. Some don't even know there is a rev limiter. Why spend the money on something they will never take advantage of? Just my 2 cents worth.

1FSTRK

I just saw some dyno info on the XiED this week and they make the bike run worse than if you leave it stock. The newer ECM strategies will try to learn based on the bad info from the O2s and you guessed it
"Garbage in Garbage out".

scott7d

November 14, 2018, 09:01:05 PM #11 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:13:09 PM by scott7d
Edit: Sorry, I went off topic in regards to the original post. Mods delete if you don't mind :)
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser

greenshovel0014

December 04, 2018, 09:54:12 AM #12 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 09:59:53 AM by greenshovel0014
No I do NOT plan on using ixed on the 17 dyna! I should make the guy that buys the 07 aware that its in there.It was a quick fix to some lean popping on the 07. 07 has just super trap two into one full disks,Roland sands ac.

greenshovel0014

is the bassani road rage a good option?

mayes

I trade my 2015 FLHR for a 2017 leftover Low rider and I've had Bassani's on all my rides. I ordered the Bassani RR3 Greg Lutzka and a K&N 63-1137 air filter. I was looking for a Boyesen Power x wing but some sites list the PX-HFI -46 as guaranteed fitment while others say no

kd

Contact Boyesen by phone and talk to their tech guys.  They have been very helpful and forthcoming to me when I called.
KD