April 19, 2024, 07:38:07 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2004 dyna fouling rear plug

Started by anthonyflhx, November 22, 2018, 05:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyflhx

November 22, 2018, 05:12:02 PM Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:45:26 PM by anthonyflhx
My 2004 dyna started acting up today and keeps gas fouling rear plug. I swapped coil and plug wires with same results.
Any idea what it could be or where to look next?
I gassed up today with 87 non ethanol gas and she ran good for 15 miles then started lagging and running on 1 cylinder.
Wouldn't gas issue foul out both plugs?
Thanks in advance for any help.

dogger

Fixing the intake manifold leak took care of it for me when I had a similar problem.

anthonyflhx

November 22, 2018, 05:48:47 PM #2 Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 06:08:39 PM by anthonyflhx
How would i test for intake manifold leak? I just started bike and sprayed wd40 around the intake and there was no noticeable change in engine sound.???

Quote from: dogger on November 22, 2018, 05:46:03 PM
Fixing the intake manifold leak took care of it for me when I had a similar problem.

koko3052

Start the bike & spray a little WD40 around where the manifold meets the head. If engine rpm increases, you have found the leak.

anthonyflhx

Tried that and no change in engine idle. Getting a little worried here.

barny7655

comp test, change plug to other cylinder, check leads OHM test,is it carb, or EFI, loose injector harness if efi, cheers
riding since 62, BSA bantum the first bike

Armin

Looks like the rear cylinder is getting an overly rich mixture so the rear injector could be the culprit or the map for the afr could have gone south if the electrical wiring is not faulty.

Armin.
Nothing can ruin a Man's day faster than an Almost-Takeoff!

chopper

Got a case of dynamite, I could hold out here all night

rbabos

November 23, 2018, 05:49:48 AM #8 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:51:12 AM by rbabos
Two choices, coil or injector. Coil generally throws a no combustion code, injector won't in that case. Intake leak won't cause that situation on EFI.
Ron

rigidthumper

No law says there's only one problem. On a carb's bike, could be a failed diaphragm in the fuel valve (that allows raw fuel to be drawn directly into the intake manifold) combined with poor intake seals, or a poorly seating enrichner dribbling raw fuel into the port.
On an EFI bike, stuck injector will cause this.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

anthonyflhx

Bike is fuel injected. How would you unclog injector?

rigidthumper

I'd swap them front to rear, to verify it's the injector and not the wiring ( a pinched ground wire will hold the injector open all the time).
Once you have found the culprit,  you can spend the $ to have it cleaned ( Marrin offers this service) or replace it ( used is prolly the cheapest, since guys replace them when doing big builds) I've seen em on eb ay for $15

anthonyflhx

Just did compression check and each cylinder was at about 125. Is that good or bad reading on a cold engine?

Moparnut72

Would be fine for a 2 stroke outboard but pretty low for a Harley. Did you open the throttle, if not you will get a low reading.
kk
If you find yourself in a fair fight,
You didn't prepare properly.

anthonyflhx

PoorUB

November 23, 2018, 12:05:38 PM #15 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 12:10:02 PM by PoorUB
Bad gauge?
If the cylinders measure evenly I would suspect the compression is ok but you gauge is reading low. I would confirm it with another gauge before going crazy and ripping the engine apart!
How did you open the throttle? You need to open it up carefully with you fingers and jam it open with a screwdriver handle. Rolling on the twist grip will not do it.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

anthonyflhx

Rolled the throttle. I'll try again the way you suggested and post back.

Ohio HD

Gauge could just read low, they're the same so I doubt the compression is a problem. I'd switch the injectors as Robin suggested.

1FSTRK

Quote from: anthonyflhx on November 23, 2018, 01:16:56 PM

Your bike is a cable throttle so rolling and locking the grip is fine.
I would try rigidthumper suggestion and switch the front and rear injectors to see if the problem follows.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Hybredhog

Depending on altitude, Compression can vary widely (4psi per 1000 ft. less), So if there more or less equal I'd say move on. Another possible situation is that '04-'05 had funky guide seals, but your plugs look pretty new to not show deposits. It not a bad idea to change the intake seals for S&G's as they do get old.
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

1FSTRK

PoorUB

Quote from: 1FSTRK on November 23, 2018, 02:16:06 PM

Your bike is a cable throttle so rolling and locking the grip is fine.
I would try rigidthumper suggestion and switch the front and rear injectors to see if the problem follows.

Oops! I get hung up on the TBW stuff!

PoorUB

you did it right, cable throttle vs. TBW. My mistake.

anthonyflhx

Just pulled the injectors and the rear looks kinda burnt. I swapped em front and back and will fire up in morning to see if the front starts fouling the plug. If so i guess i need a new injector. Then i can run her over to the dealer and run another compression test.

anthonyflhx

November 24, 2018, 03:59:51 PM #24 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:24:59 PM by anthonyflhx
Put 2 new fuel injectors in, got her all buttoned back up and still sounds like "Potty mouth" and rear cylinder fouling out. Now it looks like front is too lean as well. Have no idea what to do from here. Man spent the whole day working on it and still back to square 1.

Moparnut72

Have you verified the compression readings? What you had is pretty low. You need to figure this out before you start throwing parts at it. If these figures are correct you will need to figure why. A leak down test would be high on the list.
kk

PoorUB

Does the one spark plug look wet and oily? Maybe the intake valve stem seal sh*t the bed and died big time and you are sucking in oil and fouling the plug. Rich would be dry, black and sooty. Oil would be wet, black and sooty.

Know anyone with a bore scope? A little mini inspection camera? Hold open the throttle and take a look down the intake of each cylinder and check over the valves and guides. If they are wet, you have a valve stem seal are guide leaking oil.

rigidthumper

Quote from: anthonyflhx on November 23, 2018, 08:05:06 PM
Just pulled the injectors and the rear looks kinda burnt. I swapped em front and back and will fire up in morning to see if the front starts fouling the plug. If so i guess i need a new injector. Then i can run her over to the dealer and run another compression test.

Quote from: anthonyflhx on November 24, 2018, 03:59:51 PM
Put 2 new fuel injectors in, got her all buttoned back up and still sounds like "Potty mouth" and rear cylinder fouling out. Now it looks like front is too lean as well. Have no idea what to do from here. Man spent the whole day working on it and still back to square 1.

Thought you were going to swap injectors? Assuming the new ones are OK, that leaves intake seal issues, wiring, or coil. I'd put the original injectors back, swapped, and check injector wires, replace the intake seals just because they're old, and try again- if same same results, swap coil with known good unit. 

anthonyflhx

Had issues with swapping injectors and they looked pretty bad shape. The rear looked almost broken with burned edges. Figures I'd just bite the bullet and put new ones in so i didn't have to go through that twice.
Swapped coil for working one and same issue. New plugs, new wires and flushed tank and new hi octane gas with injector cleaner. New intake seals and sprayed wd40 around intake to make sure there's no leaks. Im stuck and baffled.
Still same issue.

rigidthumper

So, no one has changed anything in the tune, right? No fuel pressure issues, no power commander etc? Sounds like we're down to a wiring issue or mechanical issue.  Time to pull on the injector wires, to check for a conductor broken inside the sheathing, or bad pins.  Front injector harness should have white/yellow wire, rear injector should have green/grey wire.  Good thing it's winter...

anthonyflhx

I tried pushing on injector wires when bike was idling and didn't hear any change in idle. I'll give it another try.
The tune was a sert tune i think from previous owner.
I was worried it might be a valve issue but tech at Harley said i would know it if it was a valve issue as it would be loud and noticeable.

FXDBI

Quote from: anthonyflhx on November 25, 2018, 09:45:15 AM
I tried pushing on injector wires when bike was idling and didn't hear any change in idle. I'll give it another try.
I was worried it might be a valve issue but tech at Harley said i would know it if it was a valve issue as it would be loud and noticeable.

Valve seals on the rear head leaking and fouling the plug.  Bob

Hossamania

Quote from: FXDBI on November 25, 2018, 10:12:24 AM

They would not be loud and noticeable.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

anthonyflhx

I was afraid of that. How can i confirm its the valves?
So i have to pull the heads and have the valves redone? Might as well do both while I'm at it. How much does something like that cost?

FXDBI

Quote from: Hossamania on November 25, 2018, 10:14:19 AM
Quote from: FXDBI on November 25, 2018, 10:12:24 AM

They would not be loud and noticeable.

If you keep running it with them leaking and get it hot it will grab a guide and get very loud and noticeable. Don't ask how I know.   Bob

FXDBI

Quote from: anthonyflhx on November 25, 2018, 10:22:59 AM
So i have to pull the heads and have the valves redone? Might as well do both while I'm at it. How much does something like that cost?

Pull the rear exhaust and look in the port, stock heads? How many km on them and the rest of the build?  Bob

anthonyflhx

jamminhd2000

Quote from: Moparnut72 on November 24, 2018, 06:46:02 PM
Have you verified the compression readings? What you had is pretty low. You need to figure this out before you start throwing parts at it. If these figures are correct you will need to figure why. A leak down test would be high on the list.
kk

:agree:

kd

November 25, 2018, 11:36:34 AM #38 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:45:01 PM by kd
Passing a leak down test could also confirm the compression gauge to be reading low. Then it would be worthwhile to try a known good gauge for the retest.
KD

nosjunkie

A leak down would be more accurate than a comp check.. also lets you know where the culprit is...
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

PoorUB

Quote from: anthonyflhx on November 25, 2018, 10:22:59 AM

I mentioned a bore scope/inspection camera in a previous post. Short of that, pull the intake manifold and you can get a pretty good look into the intake ports. Any oil around the valve stem should be very noticeable.

I asked earlier, is the fouled spark plug wet or dry? Oil fouling will often leave an oily film. Too much gas looks dry. Other than that either condition will look about the same.

fbn ent

November 25, 2018, 01:03:26 PM #41 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:25:37 PM by fbn ent
Probably premature but....Is it using any oil? If it is 59K on the original motor and you are stuck in Winter, I would pull the top end and get a freshen. I assume the cam chain tensioners have been addressed...
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

1FSTRK

Quote from: anthonyflhx on November 23, 2018, 11:25:09 AM
Just did compression check and each cylinder was at about 125. Is that good or bad reading on a cold engine?

Before you go tearing apart the engine slow down a little. It does not matter if your gauge is off or your compression is low, both cylinders read the same pressure yet one plug is black and one is white.
This should tell us the compression is not the main cause. In both cases of plugs you posted the one plug looks to be dry and powder black not real shiny and wet, this should mean fuel.

One of the most experienced guys here is giving you some of the best advice, slow down and follow it step by step. You may end up in the engine but at least you will not start by needlessly rebuilding only to have to go back and find the actual problem once the new engine is running. I would start with his first post here and follow this guy.

Quote from: rigidthumper on November 25, 2018, 09:33:34 AM
So, no one has changed anything in the tune, right? No fuel pressure issues, no power commander etc? Sounds like we're down to a wiring issue or mechanical issue.  Time to pull on the injector wires, to check for a conductor broken inside the sheathing, or bad pins.  Front injector harness should have white/yellow wire, rear injector should have green/grey wire.  Good thing it's winter...

Norton Commando

Quote from: 1FSTRK on November 25, 2018, 01:12:58 PM
Before you go tearing apart the engine slow down a little. It does not matter if your gauge is off or your compression is low, both cylinders read the same pressure yet one plug is black and one is white.

This should tell us the compression is not the main cause. In both cases of plugs you posted the one plug looks to be dry and powder black not real shiny and wet, this should mean fuel.

Indeed I was thinking the same: the plug looks fluffy black and I didn't see oily threads on the base of the plug.

So at this point it appears that the problem is too much fuel or insufficient ignition on the rear cylinder.   

Best,

Jason
Remember, you can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house.

Armin

November 25, 2018, 02:26:02 PM #44 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:41:51 PM by Armin
Quote from: anthonyflhx on November 23, 2018, 11:25:09 AM

Quote from: rigidthumper on November 25, 2018, 09:33:34 AM

If your cylinders, pistons and heads are left in stock condition your ccp at WOT should be between 155 and 165 depending on rings and cylinder wall conditions with component variances considered and I believe that 125 psi ccp is too low but, as quoted above, should not cause this uneven burning situation.

The injector receives the open command from the ECM by pulling the gn/gy wire to ground. One way to possibly find the culprit is to detach the large connector from the ECM and measure the resistance of pin 19 of the connector to ground using an ohmmeter. If it reads zero or anything close to zero steadily or temporarily then wiggle the harness holding the gn/gy wire to hopefully find a broken insulation causing the excessive injection to the rear cylinder.

Armin.
Nothing can ruin a Man's day faster than an Almost-Takeoff!

anthonyflhx

Ok wiring is definitely not my forte, but i gave it a shot. I used a woods analog multimeter and it has an ohm setting. The 2 omega options are 10x and 1000x. I set to 1000x and connected the red lead to pin 19 and the black to ground using frame. The needle moved to 1 ohm and stayed steady. This is with bike off and the 2 fuel injector plugs disconnected.
Am i following correctly so far? To get to the 2 plugs i had to remove the tank. So what is next step? Do i start opening threw protective tubing holding all the wires together? Should i turn ignition on to see that the ohm meter does?
Appreciate your patience and help. This is all new territory for me. Many thanks in advance.

"The injector receives the open command from the ECM by pulling the gn/gy wire to ground. One way to possibly find the culprit is to detach the large connector from the ECM and measure the resistance of pin 19 of the connector to ground using an ohmmeter. If it reads zero or anything close to zero steadily or temporarily then wiggle the harness holding the gn/gy wire to hopefully find a broken insulation causing the excessive injection to the rear cylinder.

Armin."

kd

Do NOT use an ohmmeter on a live circuit. It'll damage your meter.
KD

jls 64

1.leak down test.
2.pull intake and take a lock
3 pull ehaust take a lock exhaust port.
4.rear inyector
wiring harness.
5.pin17 on main wire harness.
js

barny7655

gee this post has drifted away from what the first post is seems no firing rear cyl carbon on plug,causes ,1/ wiring loom, test with injector with pulse tester , 2/ change  spark plug 3/ comp test 4/ vacumme leak  test  ,5/ ignition module test , test with another if possible ,6/ fuel line to injector ,as jls has also put some ideas forward, it should still fire with new plug if oil is leaking into cyl from inlet ,try this all out ,wouldnt even look at any thing major as yet, it will be a simple thing KISS, cheers
riding since 62, BSA bantum the first bike

Hybredhog

'04 were not a closed loop system, maybe it is just an intake leak?
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

rigidthumper

Is there a local auto parts place that can loan you a noid tester, or maybe order one like this :  https://www.amazon.com/Astro-7898-Deluxe-Signal-Lights/dp/B00061SH76/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543257186&sr=8-2&keywords=noid+light+test+kit 
Quick way to check wiring to the injectors.

anthonyflhx

What would that be used to check?

Quote from: rigidthumper on November 26, 2018, 10:34:45 AM
Is there a local auto parts place that can loan you a noid tester, or maybe order one like this :  https://www.amazon.com/Astro-7898-Deluxe-Signal-Lights/dp/B00061SH76/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543257186&sr=8-2&keywords=noid+light+test+kit 
Quick way to check wiring to the injectors.

rigidthumper

Plug the noid tester into the connector that was hooked up to the injector, crank engine over- noid flashes if it's receiving a good signal from the ECM. HAndy to look at while tugging on wires

anthonyflhx

November 26, 2018, 12:52:53 PM #53 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:38:51 PM by anthonyflhx
Ok quick update. Rented a compression gauge from o reillys and both cylinders measure at 145-150.

Also the ohm better was not set correctly. I adjust for 0 reading and then testing pin 19 it is steady at 3. I've wiggled and pulled the 2 wires all the way back to where the wire loom curves under center frame post. Strauss at 3 the whole time.

1FSTRK

Quote from: anthonyflhx on November 26, 2018, 12:52:53 PM
Ok quick update. Rented a compression gauge from o reillys and both cylinders measure at 145-150.

Now that we have that out of the way, back to fixing the bike.  :wink:

Quote from: rigidthumper on November 26, 2018, 11:15:23 AM
Plug the noid tester into the connector that was hooked up to the injector, crank engine over- noid flashes if it's receiving a good signal from the ECM. HAndy to look at while tugging on wires

N-gin

Had this same problem.
Found out my tune would change under low RPM in closed loop. The 2-1 was ( ThunderHeader) was not working well with the O2s. I also tried a BoarZilla results were not as bad. To correct it I had to open loop the lower RPMs. Anything under 3k with the ThunderHeader, and 2500 with the BoarZilla.

Swapping injectors or replacing will require returning.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

anthonyflhx

I don't have 02 sensors on bike. It's an 04 dyna. I unplugged ISIS and checked wiring and couldn't find anything wrong. Put her back together fired up and send to run alot better. Pulled plugs and both seemed to be burning normal.
Haven't been able to test ride yet, hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks for all the help and feedback. Praying i dodged a bullet.

anthonyflhx

Still acting up. Gonna try a new crack position sensor on Monday.

JMHD

Had a few sportsters that were 2004's that when they got to operating temp they would run rich and stumble that ended up being faulty CKP sensors.

anthonyflhx

I ended up taking it to dealer to see what they could find. Turns out the fuel pump hose in tank is shot and Harley doesn't have a replacement hose. You have to buy the whole fuel pump. Anyone know what size hose the fuel pump is and where to get one?

kd

I would be interested in hearing how the failing hose could cause the condition you are experiencing.
KD

PoorUB

Doesn't sound right to me either.

You can buy fuel injection hose at most  auto parts stores.  Make sure you get hose that is designed to be submerged in gas.

Also there is aftermarket sources for the Harley fuel lines. Maybe someone will post a supplier and part number.

anthonyflhx

December 04, 2018, 07:42:32 AM #62 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 08:05:23 AM by anthonyflhx
They said the spark plug wire on the rear cylinder was 3500 Ω out of spec, that with the sporadic fuel delivery or fuel pressure caused the rear cylinder to not get gas and spark at right time.
The crank position sensor checked out good.

rigidthumper

Its a formed hard line from the pump to the regulator, not available separately.  Entire assy can be purchased online for ~$150. I've never personally seen one go bad, but that would cause less fuel to make it to the injectors, not more-  :idunno:

rbabos

Quote from: anthonyflhx on December 04, 2018, 07:42:32 AM
They said the spark plug wire on the rear cylinder was 3500 Ω out of spec, that with the sporadic fuel delivery or fuel pressure caused the rear cylinder to not get gas and spark at right time.
The crank position sensor checked out good.
Pretty sure you see the problem with the statement of less fuel fouling the rear plug?
Ron

anthonyflhx

Yes I'm probly relating the information and correctly I believe they said that it was inner minute spark that was leaving on fired fuel in the cylinder that was fouling the rear plug but they're also happens to be a fuel pressure leak which is causing some problem or just something they stumbled across but if the rear spark Le pire ways out of sank 3500 Ω does that sound normal cars I tried 3 sets a spark plugs one of them came off another running like in the guy still running there's not wrong with his bike so if AI do all this work in it's still fouls the rear plug they eat the work until they find the culprit

Moparnut72

This thread keeps going on and on and on. I am not going to re-read this whole thing but I don't remember whether I saw if the valve seal has been checked on the intake valve or not. If not, this needs to be a priority. Some of the explanations I have seen are just not viable.
kk

92flhtcu

484235 is the Tucker/Twin Power # for the line in the tank
I am in the camp that this is not going to fix the plug fouling issue
Need a bigger garage

anthonyflhx

Would the rear plug wire being 3500 ohms out of spec have anything to do with fouling plug?

1FSTRK

Quote from: anthonyflhx on December 04, 2018, 05:50:23 PM
Would the rear plug wire being 3500 ohms out of spec have anything to do with fouling plug?

A bad plug wire could cause the plug to not fire under load and gas foul. Didn't you say you tried a different set of good wires from a running bike and it made no difference?

anthonyflhx

Yes 3 sets. Gonna be interesting to see the results here in a couple days

jls 64

In my case it  was a.bat coil.not the wire
js

kd

Wouldn't it throw a code for that?  Was the 2004 ECM capable?
KD

jls 64

I Think since  2005 .will send a code
js

anthonyflhx

Turns out it wasn't the fuel line or rear plug. Now they say it's the ecm. Swapped out with a spare one and it didn't foul plugs.
When i complained about going off course and chasing the leaking fuel line and wasting 2 days for that part to come in they got pretty defensive saying that was still part of the "run ability issue".
Soooooo now we are at new ecm and new flash tune and a more expense than i was expecting. I pick her up in few days so we'll see how she runs then.
Thanks for all the help and feedback.

Hossamania

That happens during troubleshooting, often other issues are found, maybe causing or contributing to the problem, maybe not, but need to be addressed either way. Once the problem was found, that leaking hose would have come into play anyway.
It often costs more than you would hope, sometimes it's a simple fix like a loose plug wire, sometimes it's a little more complicated like a new ecm.
Either way, you'll be up and running and having fun again.

PoorUB

It is funny they would assume the leaky fuel line would fix it, it was flooding, not running lean! I would have told the owner I found a problem, but I doubt it is the cause of the plug fouling, but either way it needs to be fixed too.

N-gin

Wasn't there an aftermarket company that did these pieces parts for cheap.. fuel smart?? Or  something. I believe FSG posted once.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

anthonyflhx

Got the bike back and am surprised there's no decel pop like before. It almost feels like the flash tune is a tad bit rich, but it's been colder than usual here and i wonder if that's helping any.
Pulled plugs and the tips look pretty clean. What do you guys think?

1FSTRK

Unless you are running the corresponding SE components the flash tune is no tune at all.
The flash changes the tune and it could be rich where it was lean or lean where it was rich or both but it does not necessarily match your combo any better than a stock tune would. 

PoorUB

Quote from: 1FSTRK on December 13, 2018, 04:10:17 PM
Unless you are running the corresponding SE components the flash tune is no tune at all.
The flash changes the tune and it could be rich where it was lean or lean where it was rich or both but it does not necessarily match your combo any better than a stock tune would.

Funny how that works. For example, I have CR570-2 cams, gutted head pipe and Fulsac recore kits in my 2016 Limited. Street tuned with a TTS. I decided I wanted the quiet mufflers so I put the stock muffs back on. Now I have a lean hesitation until the engine gets warmed up. One would assume that more restrictive mufflers would richen up the AFR, but it is leaning it out at low RPM. So yeah, flash tune?  :hyst:

anthonyflhx

1FSTRK

Quote from: anthonyflhx on December 13, 2018, 04:44:04 PM
So do the plugs look that bad?

I understand you spent a lot of money on this already but it is next to impossible to read plugs with today's EPA fuels and totally impossible to do it with an internet picture.

That said I can tell you that you need a tune.

PoorUB

Quote from: anthonyflhx on December 13, 2018, 04:44:04 PM
So do the plugs look that bad?

I don't think anyone commented on the plugs, but they look a bit rich to me. Modern nolead fuel makes it tough to take a spark plug and get a good idea if it is rich or lean. If it seems to run well and get decent MPG and you are satisfied I wouldn't worry about it. If you want it to be correct you need to find a good dyno tuner and get a proper tune. Good dyno operators on this site have proven time and time again that you can tune a stock bike and gain HP and torque. Is it necessary? Only you can judge that. If you like to putter around and never ride the snot out of it you most likely will never appreciate a proper tune. There are millions if stock bikes out there with crappy factory tunes that the owners never do anything with them.

The comments were more against the flash tune which could be richer or leaner than the stock tune at various RPM and throttle positions. They may as well have left to tune stock.

Hossamania

December 13, 2018, 05:43:53 PM #84 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 05:53:40 PM by Hossamania
The plugs obviously look better than they did, especially the rear.
But, as mentioned, a good tune will go a long way to getting it running right, and give you peace of mind that it is right.
Without monitoring the afr, how would you know if it is right or not?