April 19, 2024, 12:09:24 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

ShovelheadUSA forum

Started by Dogbone45ACP, September 01, 2018, 11:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogbone45ACP

Anyone try to log on ? It may have finally gone down the drain.

Reddog74usa

I talked to Jack. There having some issue and are working on it so it will be back.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Dogbone45ACP

HarleyCharley

It has been down a few days now. Must be a serious crash.

charley

prodrag1320

figured the 10 or 15 guys who still go on it decided it just wasnt worth it

HarleyCharley

Actually there are quite a few left Kirby. As a matter of fact, I've missed your input. Come on back and visit if and when it ever comes back.

How's your racing program doing?

charley

Evert

I really miss it and hope it comes back, soon!!

HotRodShovel

Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John

prodrag1320

Quote from: HarleyCharley on September 04, 2018, 04:59:21 PM
Actually there are quite a few left Kirby. As a matter of fact, I've missed your input. Come on back and visit if and when it ever comes back.

How's your racing program doing?

charley

We're doing very well.qualified #1 at every race attended

capn

Good news.Just tried to log on and a screen came up and said that its almost fixed and is being upgraded with nothing lost.

Wiseguy

Still no site coming up. Either Jack hasn't got the bugs figured out yet, or it's just really costly to do the fix and restore the considerable amount of bandwidth-eating data that comprises his much-awaited forum.

Wiseguy
Once you know the facts, the answer will stand proud.

crock

Quote from Jack via Facebook

Jack McGee
Admin ยท
September 12 at 1:02 PM

Here's the deal, it is in my (and everyone's) best interest to move and update server and all related software to its latest configuration.

Unfortunately, it's not a cheap transition. On top of the grand + I spend per year, the full update and move is another $600. This on top of the front load spending on the fest has just hit at the same time.
I do have it in the works, and the new software will work much better with phones and tablets and have so much more capability.

So, please be a little patient
Crock

Wiseguy

That's great news. A lot of guys are waiting for it to get back online. I hope the files with build details are still there.

Wiseguy

Hogman

Quote from: Wiseguy on September 21, 2018, 05:53:53 AM
That's great news. A lot of guys are waiting for it to get back online. I hope the files with build details are still there.

Wiseguy

Especially With the Hit So MANY Took when that Photo Place Screwed a LOT Of Stuff Up....... A HUGE Amount Of GREAT Stuff/Pics are Now GONE forever!

ME
Hogman

76shuvlinoff

At one time I had a membership over there.  If there are enough active followers have they tried passing the hat?  Of course that's hard to do with the site down.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Wiseguy

One of the members there, Randy, who is on file here as a member, used to take it upon himself to post a polite reminder for donations for the site. When he stopped, I informally took the position.
I'm sure that Jack will get his place back on its feet soon. There's too much brain power on tap there to just let it languish.

Wiseguy

Mule

HotRodShovel

Quote from: Mule on September 28, 2018, 08:28:03 AM
Forum is back up!

So long Wiseguy, its been fun.  Stop back now and then!!  Ride safe.
John

Wiseguy

I'll keep a foot wedged in the door. This place is just a couple clicks away.

Bill

guppymech

September 28, 2018, 10:24:38 AM #19 Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 06:10:53 PM by guppymech
It may be up but there's a couple months of posts that disappeared, from like June until it went down in Aug.
'84 FXE, '02 883R

HotRodShovel

Quote from: Wiseguy on September 28, 2018, 10:22:55 AM

Bill

:up: :up:
John

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: HotRodShovel on September 28, 2018, 12:11:51 PM
Quote from: Wiseguy on September 28, 2018, 10:22:55 AM

Bill

:up: :up:

Yep, don't be a stranger.  :smiled:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Wiseguy

I've been trying to finish this bike for the entire 26 years that I've owned it. Just when I think that everything's done, something else will grab my attention, and I find myself wanting to try out just one more thing (Columbo would understand). This latest work was necessary, but it was the result of trying something without being thorough enough with the details.
  Even though I came here from another forum, I'm still willing to share my details of the projects that keep coming into my lap. My type of bike doesn't please everyone, but bits and pieces of what I do might be helpful to some of you that like to try something to keep your bike out of the cookie-cutter league.
If any of you are running Wide Glide forks from the 1984-1999 Softail era, my six-pot Hayabusa caliper and bracket upgrade might help your stopping. That, and other things I've done might help to improve your ride just a bit. I'm gonna be around for a while yet. I'm kinda addicted to nut and bolt talk, and this place is a good way to keep that going.

Bill

waltcentral

I signed up and can sign in but ability to post or reply........no prompt buttons appear.  I have no problem with anything around here though.   

guppymech

I've been stuck in the same limbo for months, the dude running it doesn't read his emails.
'84 FXE, '02 883R