April 19, 2024, 12:06:49 PM

News:

fork seal

Started by dirtymike, November 11, 2018, 06:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtymike

have a fork seal leaking and its been 5 years since i went from narrow to a wide glide. The axle in front is 1 inch. I think its early 90,s. Chrome after market, cant find any part number. Does it come apart like the shovelhead FLH. looks like Showa design. 41mm. lowers are HD. Dirty

capn

Fork seals should be same as foctory early 90s. 41 MM. If you can measure fork tube outside diameter.

Wicked

1" axle is not normal for HD or otherwise. What year group of calipers you using? Yes agreed, wideglide style are 41mm tubes. If lowers are HD as you say, the proceedure is same .

dirtymike

trying to post a pic but cant resize to 350kb.

dirtymike

Burnout

Late EVO or Twin Cam fork lowers, brakes and front wheel.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

dirtymike

If my mind serves my right i think 2003 twin cam. Still a 41mm tube right.

dirtymike

capn

Yes 03 has 41mm fork tubes. And one inch axles. I have the same lower legs on my 97 ultra.Came off a 03.

dirtymike

Guess this is common on half breeds. Anybody got the part number for the oil seal. Dirty

xlfan

dirtymike

got them at the dealer with new drain screws. seems that the left side is different. the piece of cupped aluminum that holds the plunder screw does not com come out or it is stunk, soaking now. Lots of trash in the lower ends. The fluid came out real dark and it had a milky substance, water? HD said 11.1 oz in the right and 10oz in the left thanks dirty