April 23, 2024, 01:43:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

81 FLH Forward Controls

Started by 50Panhead, January 04, 2019, 07:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Panhead

Quote from: fbn ent on January 08, 2019, 08:54:01 AM
I agree but the customer is always right (sometimes). This is going to take a bit of fabbing for sure...

Sometimes  but.  I did have a customer who had inherited his dad's knuckle head.  He brought it to me to get running. He wanted to restore it. Although it was not in original condition I talked him out of doing it. I told him after all it was his Dad's bike. If he did anything to it, It would not be his" Dad's bike"  ever again.
What Do You Care What Other People Think

fbn ent

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

bobrk1

Just  try and  talk  him  into  not  cutting  off  the  mounts , down  the  road  he  will  be  sorry , tell  him  to  tie  one  of  those  little  bells  to  the  mount  lo

david lee

the jp cycle setup looks good and a easy setup but i like things original

rageglide

If you can get the JayBrake set up I think it will allow you to keep that welded on leg, which is where you will mount the left peg... I think, because I have not done this.  Newer bikes have the forward board mount bolted on.   

hbkeith

Like said , if you cut mounts ,do it so can be reattached , I don't see it as being that big of deal , get set off forwards off ebay for FXR ( tons of them cheap )and do a little fabbing