April 25, 2024, 04:54:57 AM

News:

Closed Loop Lambda Range

Started by Harley Pilot, December 28, 2018, 05:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Pilot

Does this need to be addressed when running a Target Tune map? Mine is currently set for the narrow band O2  range.

rigidthumper

Target tune is supposed to be closed loop anywhere you set the AFR desired table. Did you get a TT map from Dynojet?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Harley Pilot

Quote from: rigidthumper on December 28, 2018, 06:02:57 AM
Target tune is supposed to be closed loop anywhere you set the AFR desired table. Did you get a TT map from Dynojet?

YES Sir I did.

rigidthumper

TT maps are capable of using whatever value you set in the AFR table as closed loop- if you want 13.8 at idle, and 14 at cruise, and 12.5 load/power, simply set it there, & it should be able to adjust to that. There are limits that the system has, & if the VE table has spots that are beyond those limits (~+/- 30%), then auto tune runs/corrections should be made so the updated tables are within those limits, so the system can be closed loop everywhere.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Jamie Long

Target Tune calibrations do not use the Closed Loop Lambda Range table, they use the AFR/Lambda table as absolute

Harley Pilot

Quote from: Jamie Long on December 28, 2018, 08:24:50 AM
Target Tune calibrations do not use the Closed Loop Lambda Range table, they use the AFR/Lambda table as absolute
Thank you, is it normal to see afr readings of 15.0 - 16.0 after resarts??

rbabos

Quote from: Harley Pilot on December 28, 2018, 08:37:06 PM
Quote from: Jamie Long on December 28, 2018, 08:24:50 AM
Thank you, is it normal to see afr readings of 15.0 - 16.0 after resarts??
Wouldn't surprise me with a heat soaked IAT on restarts. It can be countered somewhat in the warmup table, then ignore it as it can never be dialed in 100% for all varying heat soak temps. Normal IAT temps is what you want to check the mixtures at.
Ron

Harley Pilot

[quote

[/quote]
Wouldn't surprise me with a heat soaked IAT on restarts. It can be countered somewhat in the warmup table, then ignore it as it can never be dialed in 100% for all varying heat soak temps. Normal IAT temps is what you want to check the mixtures at.
Ron
[/quote]

Thanks, just making sure everything is as it should be as the Target Tune is new to me.