April 24, 2024, 06:49:19 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Thundermax , i here fuel pump after it starts

Started by itsafatboy, April 30, 2019, 04:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

It could be in my head but after the bike primes then I start it I swear I hear the fuel pump like it just continually is priming, its a 01 softail ,   116"  thundermax .   its hard to start after it sits for few days , its the battery one of those lithium , shorai 480 cca ,   it cranks slow when cold have to try few times until battery is warm not sure I like the battery.   

Coyote

Isn't the fuel pump suppose to be running if the motor is running.  :nix:

itsafatboy

maybe your right , I just didn't think I would here it like it does when you turn key on?

Pirsch Fire Wagon

The FP runs initially for two seconds (ECM Strategy), then while the Crank Sensor is sending Signal. Normal. HOWEVER, an abnormally  loud pump may indicate an issue with the pump.
Tom

fbn ent

Try putting some Marvel Mystery Oil in with a couple tanks of fuel.....might quiet the pump down some. Wife's Sportster had a noisy pump at start up, worked for that.
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

rbabos

Quote from: fbn ent on May 03, 2019, 06:31:12 AM
Try putting some Marvel Mystery Oil in with a couple tanks of fuel.....might quiet the pump down some. Wife's Sportster had a noisy pump at start up, worked for that.
I did the same with my softail as in MMO. It had a dry bushing squeal to it when running 10E fuel. That solved it instantly.
Ron

rredneckn2

Quote from: rbabos on May 03, 2019, 01:40:15 PM
I did the same with my softail as in MMO. It had a dry bushing squeal to it when running 10E fuel. That solved it instantly.Thats good info there! I use in my Lycoming It dam sure not hurting it.
Ron
If you don't like what I say DONT read it

rredneckn2

Thanks to you also!
If you don't like what I say DONT read it

rbabos

Quote from: rredneckn2 on May 03, 2019, 03:44:47 PM
Quote from: rbabos on May 03, 2019, 01:40:15 PM
I did the same with my softail as in MMO. It had a dry bushing squeal to it when running 10E fuel. That solved it instantly.Thats good info there! I use in my Lycoming It dam sure not hurting it.
Ron
Ran it religiously on my Continental to prevent valve stick as do many owners. V rod sees it every now and then too.
Ron