March 28, 2024, 11:22:57 AM

News:

relay

Started by david lee, November 15, 2018, 09:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76shuvlinoff

I believe the Scorpion AGM in my 76 is over 5 years old now but that doesn't say much. I hardly ever ride that bike any more and keep it on a tender,
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

a_disalvo

Someone told me Exide is making HD batterys. Bought 1 for my 98", works fine.

Burnout

The only battery I'd buy is an AGM.

Be advised non-direct replacement batteries may not fit the battery box well and will need shimming.

Deka was making HD batteries, not sure if that is still the case.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

a_disalvo

Deka were the best about 5 years ago, then they went to junk IMHO. The last Deka I bought lasted 2 years with a battery tender on it !! Frank

david lee

Quote from: a_disalvo on November 25, 2018, 09:55:09 AM
Deka were the best about 5 years ago, then they went to junk IMHO. The last Deka I bought lasted 2 years with a battery tender on it !! Frank
what did you replace it with

hbkeith

Im running Deka seconds @ $40 straight from there warehouse in 2 bikes , 3 years on one and dident even need a charge after sitting all winter  :nix:

Burnout

yep I'm thinkin DiSalvo just got a bad one.

And if Deka isn't making official HD batteries anymore, it's not because they were not up to standards.

The MoCO is probably having them made in China.   :angry:
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

david lee

Quote from: Burnout on November 26, 2018, 02:51:41 PM
yep I'm thinkin DiSalvo just got a bad one.

And if Deka isn't making official HD batteries anymore, it's not because they were not up to standards.

The MoCO is probably having them made in China.   :angry:
that nasty word china

a_disalvo

The guy who owns a local battery shop told me that Exide was making HD batterys. Spins my 98" shovel like the plugs were out!!!! Frank

HotRodShovel

I get 4+ years per battery on my Shovel. Just 4 years now on my Fatboy and no sign of getting weak however I am watching it.  I get them at HD and always have them hooked up to a BT.  Its a ritual.  Park and plug in. The only time I unplug them (aside from riding DUH) is when I am working on them.  I am a big proponent of the Battery Tenders.
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John

dirtymike

December 03, 2018, 08:52:23 AM #35 Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:47:21 AM by HV
I use a kicker, xxxx a battery, as long as i can get a spark thug xxxx will crank up. But mine runs everyday, not sitting in the heated garage.

76shuvlinoff

I found by rewiring the entire bike and installing a later two pin 32 amp stator and regulator my battery life went from 2 years to about 6.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

HotRodShovel

32 amp for many years also.  Waiting on a new 32amp Cycle Electric kit from a buddy who works 'someplace' and will get me $$ off.  Always wanted one of their kits.
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John