Instalation on the bike?

Started by 86fxwg, February 25, 2017, 01:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

86fxwg

Is there a reason a guy cant pull the one bolt & install them in or on the bike?

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

Rockout Rocker Products

If you're careful you might be able to. I caution against it for a couple of reasons...

You would need to take all of the pressure off of the shafts so they can move as the inserts are pressed in. If you're loosening things that much you are just a couple of minutes from removing the assemblies so you can work on them on the bench. Also, you want to make sure the o-ring under the support plate doesn't move in the process, and even better.... replace it. That's why I was the one to start including it (and the installation hardware) in my kits.

Finally, it's critical to blow out all the oil from the holes before reassembly to prevent hydrolocking under the bolts.

Thanks for asking  :up:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

86fxwg

February 28, 2017, 07:33:22 AM #2 Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:53:49 AM by 86fxwg
Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on February 25, 2017, 02:19:20 PM
If you're careful you might be able to. I caution against it for a couple of reasons...

You would need to take all of the pressure off of the shafts so they can move as the inserts are pressed in. If you're loosening things that much you are just a couple of minutes from removing the assemblies so you can work on them on the bench. Also, you want to make sure the o-ring under the support plate doesn't move in the process, and even better.... replace it. That's why I was the one to start including it (and the installation hardware) in my kits.

Finally, it's critical to blow out all the oil from the holes before reassembly to prevent hydrolocking under the bolts.

Thanks for asking  :up:

Thanks
Dave
86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx