April 17, 2024, 09:10:44 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

side stand

Started by david lee, February 19, 2019, 12:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lee

February 19, 2019, 12:47:31 PM Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 02:14:26 PM by david lee
has anyone overcome this wood situation by modifying the stand.my fx is worse.i use a brick thanks

Hossamania

What are you trying to accomplish? That bike looks like it's standing pretty upright. Does it lean too far over without the wood?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

david lee

thats an example.my fx is worse i use a brick.without it it looks like it will fall over.ive been told they have seen worse than mine.my hd mech says thats how they are thanks

Ohio HD

Did you check the side stand mounting to be tight? The nut on top of the stand is tight? The stand where it swivels isn't worn down? It doesn't tame much to make them lean.

david lee

all tight and not worn.thanks

Ohio HD

Tollbooth

Place spacers at top of bracket. Between stand bracket and frame.  1/8 in makes a big change. I used large washers for test.

Burnout

There are wedges marketed for exactly this purpose.

VTwin 31-0215

2 friggin pages of different lengths and shapes of arms
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

Ohio HD

The wedges are to lower the bike. You can flip them, but they need to be modified. An arm for a 1" over front end sets them up.

dusty1

Just below the nut & washer on kick stand is a odd shaped piece of steel with a square hole in it. This square hole mates with a square part of kickstand just below threads. When these square edges wear down, kickstand will not be 90 degrees of bike,it will be farther forward. Eventually bike can fall over with kickstand being fully forward. Unfortunately kickstands components are made out of recycled beer cans and Yugo's.