April 19, 2024, 11:42:41 AM

News:

Some nice AHDRA history

Started by 1FSTRK, April 21, 2018, 03:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FSTRK

April 21, 2018, 03:40:36 AM Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 03:55:51 AM by 1FSTRK
Will summer ever get here?

Here is some nice AHDRA history. Look at the times some of the classes ran back in the day. Some are crazy fast for the day and other show how far things have come.
Click on and race and see the qualifying times and race times, pretty cool.

https://www2.ahdra.com/liveracearchive.html
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Bikerdude103

I Miss the AHDRA in Reynolds GA every year

prodrag1320

Quote from: Bikerdude103 on May 23, 2018, 01:36:30 AM
I Miss the AHDRA in Reynolds GA every year

AMRA raced in Reynolds,not AHRDA

Eccool

I miss the AHDRA also.  The AMRA was always second rate in comparison.  Anybody remember the UHDRA out of Ohio that only lasted a couple of seasons (I think).

prodrag1320

Quote from: Eccool on May 25, 2018, 12:14:07 PM
I miss the AHDRA also.  The AMRA was always second rate in comparison.  Anybody remember the UHDRA out of Ohio that only lasted a couple of seasons (I think).

hmm...second rate?? funny how the AMRA was around before the AHDRA and around after the AHDRA.marty & the AMRA care about the racers,craig & the rest of the AHDRA could care less and were pretty much assholes to the racers,i miss the AHDRA for more places to race,but don't miss the organization at all

hbkeith

Quote from: prodrag1320 on May 26, 2018, 04:11:34 AM
Quote from: Eccool on May 25, 2018, 12:14:07 PM

hmm...second rate?? funny how the AMRA was around before the AHDRA and around after the AHDRA.marty & the AMRA care about the racers,craig & the rest of the AHDRA could care less and were pretty much assholes to the racers,i miss the AHDRA for more places to race,but don't miss the organization at all
a word from someone that knows  :up:

prodrag1320

seen A LOT of all HD sanctions come & go.AMRA was the first & still around,HD racing needs everyones support

turboprop

Quote from: prodrag1320 on May 29, 2018, 04:17:22 AM
seen A LOT of all HD sanctions come & go.AMRA was the first & still around,HD racing needs everyones support

Dam right. Its sad to see the stands barely filled at a typical harley racing event. I live within half an hour of Rockingham, and within a few weeks of the AMRA race, the car races will be packed. Cars parked across the street, camp grounds filled. I dont understand it.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

prodrag1320

Quote from: turboprop on May 29, 2018, 06:28:17 AM
Quote from: prodrag1320 on May 29, 2018, 04:17:22 AM

Dam right. Its sad to see the stands barely filled at a typical harley racing event. I live within half an hour of Rockingham, and within a few weeks of the AMRA race, the car races will be packed. Cars parked across the street, camp grounds filled. I dont understand it.

I don't get it either,years back,we brought big crowds,not sure why their not coming anymore.we`ll be at the rock this weekend for the MAN CUP race

kd

A buddy and I brought 2 young (40ish) sons to the Vegas Nationals last Fall. Both are self professed gear heads but had never been to the drags before, felt the urge or saw the need. We wanted to be sure they got to see them before the EPA started to win their battle against racing. They were blown away both in the stands and the pits and of course the top and pro fuel events nailed it for them. They both lost composure at the first top fuel burnout.  :hyst: :hyst:

Left to feed on their own, the younger crowd just isn't in to drag racing. they have been over exposed to the trunk winged, low profile tyred drifters in the small oriental class screamers and follow that aspect of motor sport (if at all). They don't have to "build" engines and drive trains to get down the track, they plug and play some turbo and ECM stuff and add a loud abnoxious exhaust. The connection has been broken.

Next time you are at the strip look through the stands at the age ratio. I don't know what the answer is but drag racing (and real gear-head skilled competition sports) seem to be suffering badly. I feel when the support wanes to a low enough ebb, the bark eaters driving the EPA bus will have their way.   
KD

Racepres

I wish... everybody .. could stand a Few Feet from Kirby,  while he does his Burnout and Stages...
If that didn't work... there is No Hope.. Hell... In the old days, a well tuned DragBike just Running in the Pitts, would draw a Crowd.
Getting Very Frustrating... Certainly..

hbkeith

Just what I always hear from people near me that don't go to the Martin 131 race , always say they never heard about it , Flat Track was getting same way , This chick Miriam started FTL ( flat track live) on facebook , started filming races , interviews with racers etc. , shes got near a million followers now , people going that have never been . And I agree , Kirby doing a burnout !!  :up:

Racepres

Only thing about FB/U-tube et al
Now ya don't have to go... get to sit in yer Porch and Watch... Neat Huh?

hbkeith

I think maybe it gives the feeling that you want to see it in person

Racepres

Quote from: hbkeith on May 31, 2018, 05:12:01 AM

Here's Hoping... cause it ain't going away!!!
BTW You get a Package yet??

K4FXD

I went to test and tune a couple times this year. It's been cold but there were over 200 cars, probably 15 bikes and 25 or so Jr Dragsters. A few pro class cars also.

If this is a general representation, racing should be fine into the future.

It was great to see so many kids in the Jr's.

Last time I went it was in the lower 40's F.

Will be going back in a week or so to test another variation on a pipe. So far things are following the math pretty close. I'm finding a 45 degree V twin likes the same exhaust as a 90
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery

hbkeith

Quote from: Racepres on May 31, 2018, 05:36:58 AM
Quote from: hbkeith on May 31, 2018, 05:12:01 AM

Here's Hoping... cause it ain't going away!!!
BTW You get a Package yet??
yes , got reminders