April 19, 2024, 05:52:39 PM

News:

T&T 10-15-16

Started by 2006FXDCI, October 15, 2016, 07:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2006FXDCI

Made it to the track today , probably the last track time of the year  :cry: . Only got 2 runs in due to multiple break downs on the track . Did a shake down pass the first run and ran a 12.15 . My last pass i ran against a cbr 1000 , the owner was a younger guy around 30 and he was pretty confident in his skills and how fast his bike was . I smiled and told him good luck . I made a nice last pass of the year , not my fastest but a solid run . I believe that young man on the cbr was a little butt hurt when it was all said and done  :wink: . Im right lane
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

2006FXDCI

Jonny Cash

:up:  Good pass.  I didn't get to run again after the NC race, local tracks calling it a year. Time to start improvements for next year.
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

TXChop

2006FXDCI

1FSTRK

:up: :up:
Nice progress this year. It gives you a nice launch point for winter work and a good start in the spring.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

westcomb

Nice! ............ guess that kid needs to learn how to race  :smiled:

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

TXChop

So, any winter plans or changes you are thinking about?

2006FXDCI

Thanks Eric , Westcomb and Ray ! Dan , there are allot of changes i would like to make this winter . Money is going to determine how far i go . I will be adding a 1" throttle body spacer and a velocity stack and some baffle mods as well . I might switch cams if i can swing it . Long term goals are adding air/electric shift , baker grudge box tranny , 4"-6" extended arm and a good pair of rear shocks . I have learned allot this year and im really proud of how well this little 107" performed this year . I have so much more i need to learn to get really consistent as my ultimate goal is to run in a ET class . Thanks guys for all the compliments this year , i hope ive inspired some other guys to get out there to the track and have fun !

akjeff

Nice job Josh! Great way to end the season. :teeth: Sorry to say I never made it back to the track after my first run this year. I haven't worked this much OT in several years, and didn't get much saddle time as a result. Hope next year is a little slower, or the work is a little closer to home! Good luck with the winter mods. :up:

Jeff
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

2006FXDCI

Thanks Jeff . Sorry to hear you didnt get any more track time this year . Its tough turning down OT $$$ ! Hopefully you get the time next year to have some fun on your bike .