April 19, 2024, 08:59:25 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Riding Boots

Started by hd06, December 24, 2018, 05:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMike113

I have had Wolverine Dura Shock,Very nice boot,it comes in a few varieties,and then there are those other type of boots they use with those jump suits,Just not my Style,,,,,,,,, :oops: revzilla has a big Selection
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

1workinman

Quote from: PoorUB on December 27, 2018, 02:08:04 PM
Quote from: Bladesmith on December 27, 2018, 02:01:24 PM
I hate boots with laces..I wear Ariats all  the time on and off the bike; there good looking, extremely comfortable, relatively inexpensive, and last a long time.....The only trouble is their made in China [just like Harley jackets]

I like lace up boots. Slip boots may slip off at the wrong time. I have seen videos of guys crashing and before they hit the ground their boots go flying off.
That a fact as a guy at work hit a deer on his way from work on his Road glide and his feet got messes up pretty bad because he lost his shoes not lace up

chaos901

With laced up boots, which I like because you really can adjust the fit, it is important to tuck the laces into the boot after you tie them to keep them from flopping around. 
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

TN

Redwing for me, I have multiple pairs of the same boot.
Just Ride..........

borno

Good boot! I have a pair of those and a pair of thorogood wellington steel toes also. I need a wedge sole for my bad foot.  :up:

lesguns

I have Redwing for Hunting and Bates side zip up for Riding!

rageglide

20 yr old Wescos... 3 resoles.   Worn almost everyday.

boooby1744

I flew out to wesco a few months ago,daughter works for jet blue. It was worth the time, nice folks and nice shop. I've always wanted a pair and so far seem to be breaking in ok.

FurryOne

I decided that if I was going to spend good money for a good boot it wasn't going to be made in some sweatshop in Asia, so I went with Chippewa 6" Chocolate Apache Steel Toe lace-ups.  They have Vibram soles, but not the chunky style.  I've had them for 5 years now, and they're comfortable to wear anywhere.

Flhfxd

Justin Boots. Have 2 pair, black and brown. Most comfortable boots I've ever worn. Hand made in USA since the late 19th century. A little pricey (and a little C&W) but when they're this good you just don't care about the price.

https://www.justinoriginalworkboots.com/footwear/men?_ga=2.168464737.1717275161.1550888844-1207414248.1550888844
"And the road goes on forever...... But I got one more silver dollar.....'

cmashark

My 2 favorites are my brown Belleville Fight Deck boots and 511 Persuit boots.  For wet weather, I have a pair of hiking boots that are waterproof.
2021 FLHXSE

rhuff

Wesco if it hasn't been said.  Rather expensive but supreme quality.  I also like my Red Wings, Sidi, and HD boots to a lesser extent. 

Inda Win

Quote from: rhuff on February 22, 2019, 09:50:57 PM
Wesco if it hasn't been said.  Rather expensive but supreme quality.  I also like my Red Wings, Sidi, and HD boots to a lesser extent.

Sidi....the first mention of motorcycle specific boots.

Hossamania

Quote from: INDA WIN on February 23, 2019, 05:41:47 AM
Quote from: rhuff on February 22, 2019, 09:50:57 PM

Sidi....the first mention of motorcycle specific boots.

My wife has a pair of Sidi boots, and she loves them. She doesn't normally wear boots except for riding, over the years she has tried different styles and brands. She likes the Sidi the best, most comfortable and best fitting boot she's had, light, and very protective, easy to walk in.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Ironheadmike

Do people really have riding boots ? That is crazy ... I ride with what I have on my feet at the time . Why would you have riding boots ? It don't make sense to me .

rhuff

Quote from: Ironheadmike on February 23, 2019, 07:09:22 AM
Do people really have riding boots ? That is crazy ... I ride with what I have on my feet at the time . Why would you have riding boots ? It don't make sense to me .

Because I'd like to keep my ankle joint if I'm ever in a crash.  Saw my buddy who was wearing tennis shoes while have all the other gear have his ankle implode.  Him walking has never even been close to the same.

And back to Sidi.... they are just amazing.  If I could just wear them all day every day, I would. 

Hossamania

Are you seriously asking this, or just being sarcastic?

PoorUB

February 23, 2019, 09:07:32 AM #67 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:27:23 AM by PoorUB

I wear flip flops and tennis shoes. Should I just wear them because they happen to be on my feet?

I buy boots geared towards riding, but I do wear them for everyday use too. On the other hand, if I didn't ride, I might not own boots, or there would be different considerations in what I buy.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

sharkoilfield

SWAT 9" side zip boots; with composite toe cap I can also wear them at work

Moparnut72

I wear lace up work boots pretty much all the time. I am to ride at the drop of a hat. I do slip into sandals at bedtime though or when I am in a boat.
kk
If you find yourself in a fair fight,
You didn't prepare properly.

Ironheadmike

Quote from: PoorUB on February 23, 2019, 09:07:32 AM

I wear flip flops and tennis shoes. Should I just wear them because they happen to be on my feet?

I buy boots geared towards riding, but I do wear them for everyday use too. On the other hand, if I didn't ride, I might not own boots, or there would be different considerations in what I buy.
I have three pair of shoes . Work boots, hikers and tennis shoes . And yes I'll ride in my tennis shoes . I don't ride my street bike like a dirt bike . I will not put my foot down on corners . I've seen too many ankles break .

PoorUB

Quote from: Ironheadmike on February 23, 2019, 04:14:46 PMI have three pair of shoes . Work boots, hikers and tennis shoes . And yes I'll ride in my tennis shoes . I don't ride my street bike like a dirt bike . I will not put my foot down on corners . I've seen too many ankles break .

Well, there you go! I might run a couple blocks to fill up on gas in tennis shoes, but pretty much 100% of the time I wear lace up boots. I don't  put my feet down either but that is not why I  wear boots. I wear them in case I get in a wreck.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Hossamania

Same here, I can go about two blocks riding in tennis shoes. I've done it maybe three times. Otherwise, always boots, even if it's 100 degrees out. I even rode in shorts once, wearing boots.

FXDBI

https://www.etnies.com/us/mens/shoes/jefferson-mid-4101000398.html?dwvar_4101000398_color=021#prefn1=collections&prefv1=Winterized&start=2

Been using skateboarder shoes and loving them. Kids got me wearing skateboard shoes 20 years ago, my feet love me for it.  Bob

smoserx1

How many of you folks who insist on wearing boots for safety reasons (and that is good IMO) will ride without a helmet?