March 28, 2024, 04:08:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

heritage softail foot control change

Started by jake2351, February 06, 2019, 06:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jake2351

I have an 06 heritage softail im wondering what would be involved in removing the foot boards and swapping over to a set of pegs and standard shifter and brake like my 06 Dyna had. im just not getting comfortable with foot boards after 114 bikes without them.
ive been riding for 57 years and just cant get into the footboards.  im thinking this could be  a real pain in the behind  due to the forward rear master cylinder etc.

koko3052

Changed my 05 fatboy, just used a forward control set from a dyna. Had to get a longer brake line for the rear MC & build a longer shift lever because I put the controls as far forward as possible, just so my boots wouldn't hit the front fender when turning.

calif phil

It would be easy to convert to forward controls. If you want Dyna style mid controls then it would be much more difficult. 

koko3052

Sorry, meant to say that I had to build a longer shift rod, not the lever. :embarrassed:
Not enough coffee yet!  :emoGroan:

jake2351

Thanks looks like i have to get comfortable with this setup.