March 28, 2024, 05:46:44 AM

News:

MJK brake caliper adapters

Started by calif phil, February 18, 2019, 02:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calif phil

I like this adapter, it's an easy way to move up to a 13" rotor. 

HighLiner

Are they a Drag Specialties exclusive?  I don't see the brackets or calipers listed on the MJK website

calif phil

I believe they are a brand new product.  The radial Mount adapters are in the new drag catalog 1701-0637&38.  The adapters to use stock calipers are not yet in the book

planemech

Quote from: calif phil on February 18, 2019, 04:57:59 PM
I believe they are a brand new product.  The radial Mount adapters are in the new drag catalog 1701-0637&38.  The adapters to use stock calipers are not yet in the book

So if Im understanding this correctly these would be for if I wanted to upgrade my current PM rotors on my 21" wheel to 13" floaters? If so which would be the better option, a bit bigger rotor with the same calipers gaining a mechanical advantage or 6 piston calipers from J Brake, PM or similar?

calif phil

Bigger rotors would be better than doing a bigger caliper with the smaller rotor. 

FSG

Quote from: calif phil on February 19, 2019, 06:49:29 AM
Bigger rotors would be better than doing a bigger caliper with the smaller rotor.

:agree:

it's all about swept area

Nastytls

I've eyeballed their calipers. They're really proud of their stuff... Brembo radials can be had for quite a bit less.