March 28, 2024, 07:05:34 AM

News:

Lebow-Eaton gas caps

Started by Mule, May 18, 2011, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mule

I have been fighting loose fitting aftermarket gas caps on my Pan since the first day I put fuel in it. I finally got a pair from "Old Dude" Which were the best so far ,and I put some real harley gaskets in them ,but still had to adjust the cross bar with some needle nose to get them good and snug. Looking for caps on ebay I see the oem Eaton caps with crazy prices, But I figure there must be a reason, Like they fit...Searching the internet for caps I came across a company in southern California That makes caps, filler necks etc, It's called Lebow-Eaton Caps and necks. I measured and checked there cap line up and figured out which cap that I thought would fit. I got them today and man they fit nice and tight, Had to put a small amount of lube on the gaskets or I couldn't get them off by hand. After I lubed the gasket they go on and off real nice, best fit yet! they are chrome ,but it is not real nice chrome like the one's from Old dude, But they kind of look like something a Pan would have come with, Well Made. I thought I would share that info as it made my day to find caps that fit right! There Part number for the vented caps is CA-163, Man the best part for last they are only about 7.00 dollars each...       Mule

panjs

fourthgear

Now , that's some good info to keep around . Thanks

panheaddreamer58

Are they the short or tall cap?

Mule

They are not the early tall one's, Google Lebow-Eaton caps and necks  Pic's are available on their website...Mule...

greybeard_541

Hey- thanks so much for posting this link! I've always had a heckuva time finding caps (I have 5 gal tanks '67-'72 (I believe). Have some right now that work pretty good. Great resource here to have though!

Greybeard

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Pzokes

Mule,

Thanks for the info.  I will file this information away in case I need any in the future, and I'm going to buy a few now, because the price is so great.
There's miles to go before I sleep.

softailrider