March 29, 2024, 05:42:49 AM

News:

New guy from MN

Started by Shadowbennie, January 21, 2019, 06:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowbennie

New here - guess I kind of jumped the gun a little and posted over in the twin cam forum, but everyone has been welcoming & helpful.

My name is Ben, most of my friends call me Bennie (unfortunately, but I'm stuck with it, lol). I'm from Albertville, MN. Since it's the dead of winter here, the bike is currently hibernating....and I wonder why I live here.

I ride a 2015 FLTRXS which has Dragos Dragula2 2-1 exhaust, hi-flow A/C, and a powervision tuner. I have a bit over 48k on the clock and am looking at a cam change since the stock lifters & cam bearings are likely well overdue to be changed. Figured I'd get what advice I could from you fine folks, as I'm mechanically inclined, but not experienced enough to just dive into a project like this.

SixShooter14

Howdy Ben, welcome from Arkansas.

You'll definitely find a ton of great advice there in the TC section. And there are several other "Minnesot-ans"? hanging about thinking the same thing you are.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

jls 64

Welcome from central py.htt best place to learn.
js

moose

welcome from New Jersey                       home of the ennama
Moose aka Glenn-

Hossamania

Welcome from the Lovely Twin Cities, where it is also freezing cold.
Winter is stupid, we are stupider for staying here.
I've been following your posts on your bike. A warning: pick a budget and we will try to destroy it!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Leed

Heinz

welcome from Salt Lake City. I was raised in the twin cities.

harttoo

rhuff

Welcome from sunny Las Vegas.  I will rub it in as I'm on year two of living in the desert after my first 36 years in Minnesota.